Sep 6, 2013, 1:45 PM EDT
The busiest drivers in the open-wheel and sports car ranks over the last month or so have been Sebastien Bourdais and Justin Wilson (pictured).
Two of open-wheel’s best drivers, who have had to punch above their weight with two of the lesser-budgeted teams in Dragon Racing and Dale Coyne Racing, respectively, conclude a manic stretch of six races in six weekends across two series this weekend.
Thanks to the IZOD IndyCar Series and GRAND-AM Rolex Series schedules not overlapping, the two have been able to dovetail their “day jobs” in IndyCar with moonlighting in Rolex DP. Bourdais has raced with Emilio Di Guida in the No. 4 8Star Motorsports Corvette, while Wilson has picked up starts with Gustavo Yacaman in Michael Shank Racing’s No. 6 Ford Riley.
Wilson has had double digits worth of teammates this year. In IndyCar, Ana Beatriz, Pippa Mann, Mike Conway, James Davison and younger brother Stefan Wilson have all shared the wheel of the Coyne No. 18 Honda. GRAND-AM teammates have included Ozz Negri, John Pew, AJ Allmendinger, Marcos Ambrose and Yacaman.
Here’s their results over the last five weeks, with Bourdais having also driven the Rolex race on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway road course for 8Star as well. Next weekend, the two might not know what to do with themselves on an off weekend!
Bourdais Wilson IMS road course (Rolex) 11 - Mid-Ohio (IndyCar) 12 8 Road America (Rolex) 9 6 Kansas (Rolex) 13 14 Sonoma (IndyCar) 10 2 Baltimore (IndyCar) 3 4
- After safety concerns, NASCAR announces changes to qualifying 1
- Red Bull’s Horner says Mercedes could lap field twice in Oz 0
- Complete 2014 F1 on NBC Sports TV Times, Schedule 1
- Keselowski’s crew chief on cooldown issue: “It’s a tough spot” 1
- IndyCar’s “nearly” man, Justin Wilson, set to overachieve once more 0
- F1 on NBC Sports TV, streaming schedule for 2014 Australian Grand Prix (7)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (7)
- NNS: Elliott’s car found too low, shock taken from Keselowski’s car (6)
- Report: F1 apparently headed for Azerbaijan in 2015 or 2016 (5)
- The Dos Equis guy will give NASCAR’s start your engines command in Las Vegas (5)