Sep 6, 2013, 1:45 PM EDT
The busiest drivers in the open-wheel and sports car ranks over the last month or so have been Sebastien Bourdais and Justin Wilson (pictured).
Two of open-wheel’s best drivers, who have had to punch above their weight with two of the lesser-budgeted teams in Dragon Racing and Dale Coyne Racing, respectively, conclude a manic stretch of six races in six weekends across two series this weekend.
Thanks to the IZOD IndyCar Series and GRAND-AM Rolex Series schedules not overlapping, the two have been able to dovetail their “day jobs” in IndyCar with moonlighting in Rolex DP. Bourdais has raced with Emilio Di Guida in the No. 4 8Star Motorsports Corvette, while Wilson has picked up starts with Gustavo Yacaman in Michael Shank Racing’s No. 6 Ford Riley.
Wilson has had double digits worth of teammates this year. In IndyCar, Ana Beatriz, Pippa Mann, Mike Conway, James Davison and younger brother Stefan Wilson have all shared the wheel of the Coyne No. 18 Honda. GRAND-AM teammates have included Ozz Negri, John Pew, AJ Allmendinger, Marcos Ambrose and Yacaman.
Here’s their results over the last five weeks, with Bourdais having also driven the Rolex race on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway road course for 8Star as well. Next weekend, the two might not know what to do with themselves on an off weekend!
Bourdais Wilson IMS road course (Rolex) 11 - Mid-Ohio (IndyCar) 12 8 Road America (Rolex) 9 6 Kansas (Rolex) 13 14 Sonoma (IndyCar) 10 2 Baltimore (IndyCar) 3 4
- For Dixon, it’s likely Mid-Ohio or bust in terms of 2015 IndyCar title hopes 0
- Race Recap: Vettel draws level with Senna on all-time win list with victory in Hungary 1
- NHRA Mile-High Nationals winners: Torrence, Beckman, Morgan, Krawiec 2
- F1 grid unites to pay tribute to Jules Bianchi (VIDEO) 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Hungarian GP post-race (VIDEO) 1
- Vettel dedicates Hungarian GP win to Jules Bianchi 2
- Vettel storms to victory in Hungary as Hamilton and Rosberg hit trouble 9