Sep 6, 2013, 1:45 PM EDT
The busiest drivers in the open-wheel and sports car ranks over the last month or so have been Sebastien Bourdais and Justin Wilson (pictured).
Two of open-wheel’s best drivers, who have had to punch above their weight with two of the lesser-budgeted teams in Dragon Racing and Dale Coyne Racing, respectively, conclude a manic stretch of six races in six weekends across two series this weekend.
Thanks to the IZOD IndyCar Series and GRAND-AM Rolex Series schedules not overlapping, the two have been able to dovetail their “day jobs” in IndyCar with moonlighting in Rolex DP. Bourdais has raced with Emilio Di Guida in the No. 4 8Star Motorsports Corvette, while Wilson has picked up starts with Gustavo Yacaman in Michael Shank Racing’s No. 6 Ford Riley.
Wilson has had double digits worth of teammates this year. In IndyCar, Ana Beatriz, Pippa Mann, Mike Conway, James Davison and younger brother Stefan Wilson have all shared the wheel of the Coyne No. 18 Honda. GRAND-AM teammates have included Ozz Negri, John Pew, AJ Allmendinger, Marcos Ambrose and Yacaman.
Here’s their results over the last five weeks, with Bourdais having also driven the Rolex race on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway road course for 8Star as well. Next weekend, the two might not know what to do with themselves on an off weekend!
Bourdais Wilson IMS road course (Rolex) 11 - Mid-Ohio (IndyCar) 12 8 Road America (Rolex) 9 6 Kansas (Rolex) 13 14 Sonoma (IndyCar) 10 2 Baltimore (IndyCar) 3 4
Video from NASCAR America
- Rosberg tames wet conditions to claim Belgian GP pole 0
- Bottas breaks Mercedes’ stranglehold at Spa by topping FP3 0
- Ryan Blaney passes Kyle Busch on final restart, hangs on to win Nationwide race at Bristol 1
- Kevin Harvick edges Jeff Gordon for Bristol Sprint Cup pole 1
- Will A.J. Allmendinger seek payback for Brad Daugherty’s practical joke? 1
- 2015 NASCAR Schedule to be Revealed Tuesday, 5 p.m. ET, on special NASCAR AMERICA 0
- Rossi disappointed, but diplomatic, after Marussia no-go 1