Sep 6, 2013, 2:30 PM EST
Cole Whitt, a former Red Bull development driver, will return to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series ranks for five races starting next week in Chicago.
Whitt will replace David Stremme in Swan Racing’s No. 30 Toyota, the team announced Friday in Richmond. He’ll race at Chicago, Kansas, Charlotte, Talladega and Phoenix.
Whitt, 22, has raced 11 Nationwide Series events this year and has seven career Cup starts. His five last year were all start-and-parks but in 2011, with Red Bull, he finished a respectable 25th on debut in Phoenix before crashing out at Homestead.
He’s also the closest name NASCAR has to this.
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 0
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 1
- F1 pre-season testing ends with Bottas fastest for Williams 1
- Lewis Hamilton explains decision to reject #1 for 2015 1