Sep 6, 2013, 2:30 PM EST
Cole Whitt, a former Red Bull development driver, will return to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series ranks for five races starting next week in Chicago.
Whitt will replace David Stremme in Swan Racing’s No. 30 Toyota, the team announced Friday in Richmond. He’ll race at Chicago, Kansas, Charlotte, Talladega and Phoenix.
Whitt, 22, has raced 11 Nationwide Series events this year and has seven career Cup starts. His five last year were all start-and-parks but in 2011, with Red Bull, he finished a respectable 25th on debut in Phoenix before crashing out at Homestead.
He’s also the closest name NASCAR has to this.
Video from NASCAR America
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 3
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 8
- The Final Showdown: Hamilton and Rosberg prepare for one final battle in Abu Dhabi 0
- Vettel and Ricciardo to start Abu Dhabi GP from pit lane 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Red Bull drivers excluded from qualifying in Abu Dhabi 2