Sep 7, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
Nico Rosberg is pleased to have qualified sixth for tomorrow’s Italian Grand Prix given that he was forced to sit out the majority of the final practice session at Monza due to a hydraulics failure.
The German driver ran strongly in all three qualifying sessions on Saturday, eventually finishing just behind the Ferrari duo of Felipe Massa and Fernando Alonso and outqualifying teammate Lewis Hamilton who failed to make it into Q3. Although he had hoped for a better result, Rosberg is pleased with sixth in hindsight.
“Starting from sixth place is not where we want to be, however considering that I didn’t get any running in the final practice session this morning because of an hydraulics problem, it’s not too bad,” he explained after qualifying.
“I had to take our set-up from yesterday and I just didn’t feel comfortable in the car throughout qualifying, particularly with a lot of understeer. For tomorrow, I hope the set-up will work out better as I had a good long run on Friday.”
With rain forecast for the race tomorrow, Rosberg is confident that Mercedes can run strongly and potentially claim a fourth win of the season at Monza.
“There’s also the chance of rain and we know that our car is very quick in the wet, so we can still hope for a good race.”
- Caterham denies future is at risk despite goods being seized 1
- Simona de Silvestro’s F1 hopes at risk due to financial problems 7
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 23
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3