Sep 8, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
One week after a series of bizarre post-race events overshadowed their inaugural run at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series got back to work in the cornfields today at Iowa Speedway.
Today’s Truck race came down to a pair of green-white-checkered attempts on the Iowa bullring, but when the dust settled, James Buescher had come away with the checkered flag over pole sitter Ross Chastain.
The race’s conclusion was set up by contact between Buescher and Timothy Peters, which put the latter in the wall at Lap 194. Chastain held the point for G-W-C attempt No. 1 at Lap 203, but that would not be enough to settle the race as an incident involving Brendan Gaughan and Joey Coulter triggered G-W-C attempt No. 2.
Buescher, now up front, was able to keep ahead of Chastain on the second attempt and went on to take his second NCWTS win of the year.
As for the two main figures in last weekend’s drama north of the border, Ty Dillon and Chase Elliott, they had very different days between them. Dillon led 46 laps before settling for a third-place finish, while Elliott had a poor opening stint that ended with a right rear tire failure and a subsequent hit with the wall at Lap 36. He finished 31st.
- NHRA: Anderson wins 4th of ’15, Stoffer over Sampey in 3rd all-female final in NHRA history; Kalitta, Beckman also win 0
- Ken Block seizes opportunity, wins Red Bull GRC at MCAS New River 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: British Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 0
- Emotional Hamilton tears up on last lap of British GP, thanks fans for support en route to win 0
- Hamilton weathers the storm to claim third British GP victory at Silverstone 1
- Hamilton storms to home pole position at British GP 3
- Hamilton closes out British GP practice fastest 0