Sep 8, 2013, 5:45 PM EDT
Earlier today, Formula One staged its finale for the European leg of the 2013 World Championship at Monza – the spiritual home of Scuderia Ferrari.
As Ferrari driver Fernando Alonso’s selfie following his second-place finish in today’s Italian Grand Prix showed, the legendary marque may have the most passionate fan base in all of F1.
Thus, making them proud is of prime importance to Ferrari and its president, Luca di Montezemolo. But of course, if you’ve ever had a 458 Italia or F430 whip by you on some highway, you know that on-track exploits make up just one part of Ferrari’s essence.
Before today’s race, President Montezemolo sat down with NBCSN reporter Will Buxton in a one-on-one interview to discuss that subject, as well as others such as his personal responsibility to the company and his own thoughts on the future of F1.
Click the video above for a fascinating interview with one of the pre-eminent personalities in the automotive world.
- INDYCAR confirms more aero kit updates coming to Long Beach 0
- Rocky Moran Jr. to replace Huertas in Coyne’s No. 18 for Long Beach 7
- Rosberg heads up Mercedes one-two in Bahrain FP2 1
- Kimi Raikkonen quickest in first practice for Bahrain GP 2
- F1 Paddock Pass: Bahrain Grand Prix (VIDEO) 1
- 2015 Bahrain Grand Prix Preview 0
- Preview: Anyone’s game as IndyCar heads to historic Long Beach 1