Sep 8, 2013, 5:45 PM EST
Earlier today, Formula One staged its finale for the European leg of the 2013 World Championship at Monza – the spiritual home of Scuderia Ferrari.
As Ferrari driver Fernando Alonso’s selfie following his second-place finish in today’s Italian Grand Prix showed, the legendary marque may have the most passionate fan base in all of F1.
Thus, making them proud is of prime importance to Ferrari and its president, Luca di Montezemolo. But of course, if you’ve ever had a 458 Italia or F430 whip by you on some highway, you know that on-track exploits make up just one part of Ferrari’s essence.
Before today’s race, President Montezemolo sat down with NBCSN reporter Will Buxton in a one-on-one interview to discuss that subject, as well as others such as his personal responsibility to the company and his own thoughts on the future of F1.
Click the video above for a fascinating interview with one of the pre-eminent personalities in the automotive world.
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 1
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 3
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0