Sep 8, 2013, 5:45 PM EDT
Earlier today, Formula One staged its finale for the European leg of the 2013 World Championship at Monza – the spiritual home of Scuderia Ferrari.
As Ferrari driver Fernando Alonso’s selfie following his second-place finish in today’s Italian Grand Prix showed, the legendary marque may have the most passionate fan base in all of F1.
Thus, making them proud is of prime importance to Ferrari and its president, Luca di Montezemolo. But of course, if you’ve ever had a 458 Italia or F430 whip by you on some highway, you know that on-track exploits make up just one part of Ferrari’s essence.
Before today’s race, President Montezemolo sat down with NBCSN reporter Will Buxton in a one-on-one interview to discuss that subject, as well as others such as his personal responsibility to the company and his own thoughts on the future of F1.
Click the video above for a fascinating interview with one of the pre-eminent personalities in the automotive world.
- Rosberg fastest once again in second British GP practice 0
- Rosberg tops FP1 at Silverstone after gearbox change 0
- NHRA: Tony Pedregon hopes to keep momentum going in Norwalk 0
- NHRA: New president Peter Clifford full of ideas to get drag racing back on-track 8
- Ryan Briscoe making most of filling in for James Hinchcliffe 0
- F1 Strategy Group pushing through technical revolution for 2017, other changes planned as early as Belgian GP 6
- 2015 British Grand Prix Preview 1