Sep 9, 2013, 2:30 PM EST
Niki Lauda, three-time Formula One World Champion, had a one-on-one sitdown interview with NBC Sports Network Formula One insider and pit reporter Will Buxton to discuss Lauda’s legendary and iconic return after burns suffered in the 1976 German Grand Prix at the Nurburgring.
Lauda’s incredible comeback and battle with James Hunt is the subject of Ron Howard’s “Rush,” which opens in U.S. theaters nationwide on September 27.
The 1976 season split Lauda’s first two title years of 1975 and 1977, with a third achieved in 1984 in a bout with Alain Prost. In a Top 10 countdown compiled by the NBC Sports team of top drivers in F1 history, which had its first post this morning, Lauda was ranked ninth.
- Eddie Gossage: “Foolish move” by F1 to go head-to-head with NASCAR at Texas (11)
- GP of America organizers issue statement on race postponement (10)
- IndyCar TV sked for 2014 released; 13 races to be shown on NBCSN (9)
- NASCAR Sprint Cup silly season update for 2014 (8)
- Stewart: There’s “a lot of potential” for Danica Patrick (7)