Sep 9, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
This past Sunday, NBCSN aired the penultimate event of the 2013 Pirelli World Challenge at Sonoma Raceway, which featured Round 13 of the GT/GTS schedule and Rounds 11 and 12 of the Touring Car/TC B-Spec schedule.
In case you missed the broadcast, here are some clips from the action out in Northern California.
The GT side saw Andy Pilgrim go wire-to-wire to take the checkered flag in his Cadillac, but it was not a good day for his teammate, Johnny O’Connell, who lost the championship lead to James Sofronas after getting involved in a first-lap incident.
Meanwhile, over in GTS, Brandon Davis was able to pick up the victory in his Aston Martin. You can check out the final lap of the GT/GTS event above.
Next up are some highlights from Round 11, then Round 12 for TC/TCB – both of which were won by Ryan Winchester in TC and Ernie Francis, Jr. in TCB.
Both drivers were also able to further extend the championship leads they have in their respective classes heading into the final event of the season in October at the Shell/Pennzoil Grand Prix of Houston.
On Saturday, Oct. 5, the TC/TCB contingent will hold Rounds 13 and 14 at Houston’s Reliant Park, while the next day, Sunday, Oct. 6, will see Round 14 of GT/GTS.
NBCSN will air the season-ending broadcast from Houston on Sunday, Oct. 20 at 4 p.m. ET.
- IndyCar’s championship contenders ready their thoughts, minds for Sonoma finale 0
- Here are your NBCSN TV times, weekend coverage plan for IndyCar’s Sonoma season finale 0
- Preview: IndyCar will race to honor Wilson, and to close its season, at Sonoma 1
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 4
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 5
- Fast Facts: GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma 6
- NHRA: Pro Stock driver Erica Enders hitting on all cylinders heading into U.S. Nationals 3