Sep 10, 2013, 5:02 PM EST
NASCAR’s penalties against Michael Waltrip Racing have become one of the hottest topics in the sports world, and on today’s edition of SportsDash with Yahoo! Sports (Weekdays, 12 p.m. ET, NBCSN), Marty Snider dropped in to discuss the situation with hosts Dave Briggs and Carolyn Manno.
Since NASCAR’s judgment against MWR came out last night, many fans and media members alike have come out with the opinion that the sanctioning body, while right to impose such strict penalties, didn’t do enough overall.
Today on SportsDash, Snider not only sided with them but also expressed his view that the penalties were not enough of a deterrent to prevent future repeats of what occurred Saturday night at Richmond International Raceway.
But the Chase standing for Bowyer, whose spin with seven laps to go in Saturday’s Chase-deciding race is at the center of this entire saga, did not change, and he will be eligible to compete for the Cup title.
Earlier today, Bowyer made his first public comments on the controversy since the race.
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 0
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 1
- F1 pre-season testing ends with Bottas fastest for Williams 1
- Lewis Hamilton explains decision to reject #1 for 2015 1