Sep 10, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
NASCAR’s penalties against Michael Waltrip Racing have become one of the hottest topics in the sports world, and on today’s edition of SportsDash with Yahoo! Sports (Weekdays, 12 p.m. ET, NBCSN), Marty Snider dropped in to discuss the situation with hosts Dave Briggs and Carolyn Manno.
Since NASCAR’s judgment against MWR came out last night, many fans and media members alike have come out with the opinion that the sanctioning body, while right to impose such strict penalties, didn’t do enough overall.
Today on SportsDash, Snider not only sided with them but also expressed his view that the penalties were not enough of a deterrent to prevent future repeats of what occurred Saturday night at Richmond International Raceway.
But the Chase standing for Bowyer, whose spin with seven laps to go in Saturday’s Chase-deciding race is at the center of this entire saga, did not change, and he will be eligible to compete for the Cup title.
Earlier today, Bowyer made his first public comments on the controversy since the race.
- Scott Dixon breaks through for elusive Long Beach win (VIDEO) 1
- Hamilton pleased to fend off Ferrari in Bahrain despite last lap brake scare 1
- Hamilton puts on a show under the lights to win Bahrain GP 3
- Off The Grid: Melbourne premieres 1:30pm ET on NBCSN (VIDEO) 0
- Castroneves secures pole in IndyCar qualifying at Long Beach 1
- Hamilton eases to fourth straight pole position in Bahrain 0
- Hamilton closes out Bahrain GP practice on top 0