Sep 10, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
NASCAR’s penalties against Michael Waltrip Racing have become one of the hottest topics in the sports world, and on today’s edition of SportsDash with Yahoo! Sports (Weekdays, 12 p.m. ET, NBCSN), Marty Snider dropped in to discuss the situation with hosts Dave Briggs and Carolyn Manno.
Since NASCAR’s judgment against MWR came out last night, many fans and media members alike have come out with the opinion that the sanctioning body, while right to impose such strict penalties, didn’t do enough overall.
Today on SportsDash, Snider not only sided with them but also expressed his view that the penalties were not enough of a deterrent to prevent future repeats of what occurred Saturday night at Richmond International Raceway.
But the Chase standing for Bowyer, whose spin with seven laps to go in Saturday’s Chase-deciding race is at the center of this entire saga, did not change, and he will be eligible to compete for the Cup title.
Earlier today, Bowyer made his first public comments on the controversy since the race.
- Report: Toto Wolff speaks out against F1′s double points finale 4
- IndyCar: Toronto weekend analysis, musings and observations 0
- NASCAR’s Brian France on RTA’s formation: “We didn’t think it was necessary” 12
- Eldora and Indy putting a lot on Tony Stewart’s plate 0
- Todd Gilliland, 14, outdistances father David, grandfather Butch in first time they’ve all raced together 0