Sep 10, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Red Bull have gone from zero to 50 pole positions and 40 wins in 85 races. Here’s the top five statistics from the Italian Grand Prix.
Red Bull: 50 poles, 40 wins
Red Bull reached two milestones in Italy courtesy of Sebastian Vettel: their 50th pole position and 40th race victory.
Remarkably, all these have been scored since the 2009 Chinese Grand Prix four-and-a-half years ago. In the 85 races since then Red Bull have taken 58.8% of the available pole positions and 47.1% of the race victories on offer.
Vettel ties with Alonso
Vettel’s 32nd race win means he and Fernando Alonso are now tied as the most successful drivers in the field today in terms of race wins. Vettel has won 28.3% of his 113 starts whereas Alonso has won 15.4% out of 208 races.
Jean-Eric Vergne had more technical failures in races than any other driver this year before arriving at Monza – and then suffered another one. His lap 15 engine failure was his fifth such retirement this year.
300 podiums for German drivers
Vettel’s win marked the 300th podium finish for a German driver. More than half of those – 155 – were scored by Michael Schumacher, with Vettel taking another 55.
Ralf Schumacher reached the podium 27 times, Heinz-Harald Frentzen and added 18 Nick Heidfeld a further 13 – though the latter never managed to win a race.
Mercedes racer Nico Rosberg has nine and the rest were contributed by Jochen Mass, Wolfgang von Trips, Timo Glock, Karl Kling, Hans-Joachim Stuck, Hans Hermann and Rolf Stommelen. Germany has more podiums than any country besides Britain, which has 584.
Hamilton’s Q3 streak ends
Not since the 2010 Malaysian Grand Prix have we seen a top ten qualifying shoot-out without Lewis Hamilton in it. His 67-race run came to an end after being held up by Adrian Sutil in Q2.
- For Dixon, it’s likely Mid-Ohio or bust in terms of 2015 IndyCar title hopes 0
- Race Recap: Vettel draws level with Senna on all-time win list with victory in Hungary 1
- NHRA Mile-High Nationals winners: Torrence, Beckman, Morgan, Krawiec 2
- F1 grid unites to pay tribute to Jules Bianchi (VIDEO) 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Hungarian GP post-race (VIDEO) 1
- Vettel dedicates Hungarian GP win to Jules Bianchi 2
- Vettel storms to victory in Hungary as Hamilton and Rosberg hit trouble 9