Sep 10, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Fernando Alonso says he will be satisfied whoever Ferrari choose to be his team mate next year.
The Italian Grand Prix saw widespread speculation the Felipe Massa will be replaced by Kimi Raikkonen at the team in 2014.
“It’s not possible for me to talk of any name for next year because I have a lot of respect for Felipe,” said Alonso in an online chat with fans yesterday.
“We’ve been working very hard and close for four years to give Ferrari the maximum,” he added. “Whatever decision the team will take will be good for me and we will keep working to give Ferrari the best results possible.”
Alonso described his podium finish on the team’s home ground last weekend as a “fantastic sensation”.
“I’ve had the incredible luck to get on the podium 93 times and I’ve always had the same feeling of support, of never-ending chants and applause.”
“Certainly to be at Monza with Ferrari represents something more. You always want to win the races but it’s true that the recognition of the people for your efforts is one of the best rewards for your work.”
Ferrari are expected to announce who Alonso’s team mate will be later this week.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR schedule reveals some potential 2015 IndyCar schedule hints; Texas IndyCar returns 1
- Kevin Harvick riled at Tony Stewart portrayal in Kevin Ward Jr. tragedy 15
- Like a good stew, 2015 Sprint Cup schedule and new Chase format need time to simmer for best taste 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: How did the 2015 schedule come together? (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR announces 2015 Sprint Cup, Nationwide, and Truck Series schedules (VIDEO) 1
- FIA won’t punish Nico Rosberg after Belgian GP incident with Lewis Hamilton 5
- Will Power once again in position for IndyCar title – but this time feels different 1