Sep 12, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
A preliminary GT/GTS schedule for 2014 has been released by the Pirelli World Challenge, which will celebrate its 25th anniversary campaign next season with an expanded docket for the class.
“We are proud to announce an expanded GT/GTS event schedule for 2014. As the PWC Championships enter our 25th season we will continue to build on the tremendous success of the past few years,” said WC Vision president/CEO Scott Bove.
“With the series’ decision to adopt the FIA GT3 homologation standards for our GT Championships, the successful implementation of our Balance of Performance program, continued growth in event entries and marketing partnership growth we look forward to another record-setting year in 2014.”
WC Vision will reveal a full World Challenge schedule – including ones for Touring Car and Touring Car B-Spec – before November’s SEMA Show in Las Vegas.
While there are several TBA’s on the preliminary GT/GTS schedule, it does show that five weekends will be run in conjunction with the IZOD IndyCar Series – so all of you that have been waiting for news about IndyCar’s 2014 calendar can now fill in some blanks.
Additionally, the series will also work with the V8 Supercars at Circuit of the Americas and with the NASCAR Nationwide Series at Road America. Here’s how the schedule looks as of now:
March 28-30, 2014 – Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg, St. Petersburg, Fla. (double race weekend w/INDYCAR)
April 11-13, 2014 – Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach, Long Beach, Calif. (single race weekend w/INDYCAR
April/May 2014 – TBA
May 2014 – Circuit of the Americas, Austin, Tex. (double race weekend w/V8 Supercars)
May 30-June 1, 2014 – Chevrolet/Cadillac Grand Prix of Detroit (double race weekend w/INDYCAR)
June 19-21, 2014 – Road America, Elkhart Lake, Wis. (double race weekend w/NASCAR Nationwide)
July 18-20, 2014 – Honda Indy Toronto (double race weekend w/INDYCAR)
Aug. 1-3, 2014 – Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, Lexington, Ohio (double race weekend w/INDYCAR)
Aug. 2014 – TBA
Sept./Oct. 2014 – TBA
Video from NASCAR America
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 1
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 5