Sep 13, 2013, 4:45 PM EST
Kimi Raikkonen may have signed a deal to drive for Ferrari next season, but the Finn is adamant that this will not deter him from giving his all for Lotus during his final seven races for the team.
When asked how the announcement will change things, Raikkonen said: “Hopefully it means I won’t be asked so much where I’m driving next year.” The Finn’s no-nonsense attitude towards the media has been ever-present during the flurry of speculation surrounding his future.
“But maybe it means more questions. For my racing this season it doesn’t make any difference. I’ll keep pushing at every race to get the best result I can.”
Raikkonen will re-join Ferrari, having last raced for the Scuderia in 2009 at the end of a three-year stint. However, the two parties did not split on good terms, with Raikkonen walking away from Formula One at the end of that season in favor of some rally events.
In 2012, Lotus managed to lure Raikkonen back the sport, and despite appearing to enjoy his time at Enstone, the 2007 world champion has decided that it is time for a change in pursuit of a second title.
Video from NASCAR America
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. ponders a 24-hour NASCAR race 0
- ‘Do you get mad when your boyfriend wrecks you?’ Danica Patrick faces kids’ pressing questions 3
- Jeff Gordon to serve as NASCAR TV analyst this season 12
- Ganassi’s No. 02 Riley-Ford Scores Rolex 24 Victory 3
- Rex White, NASCAR Hall of Fame driver — and storyteller 1
- Is a NASCAR TV analyst career in Jeff Gordon’s future? ‘I’d entertain it’ 2
- After wedding and winter to reflect, Joey Logano looks for more in 2015 2