Sep 13, 2013, 4:45 PM EST
Kimi Raikkonen may have signed a deal to drive for Ferrari next season, but the Finn is adamant that this will not deter him from giving his all for Lotus during his final seven races for the team.
When asked how the announcement will change things, Raikkonen said: “Hopefully it means I won’t be asked so much where I’m driving next year.” The Finn’s no-nonsense attitude towards the media has been ever-present during the flurry of speculation surrounding his future.
“But maybe it means more questions. For my racing this season it doesn’t make any difference. I’ll keep pushing at every race to get the best result I can.”
Raikkonen will re-join Ferrari, having last raced for the Scuderia in 2009 at the end of a three-year stint. However, the two parties did not split on good terms, with Raikkonen walking away from Formula One at the end of that season in favor of some rally events.
In 2012, Lotus managed to lure Raikkonen back the sport, and despite appearing to enjoy his time at Enstone, the 2007 world champion has decided that it is time for a change in pursuit of a second title.
- Eddie Gossage: “Foolish move” by F1 to go head-to-head with NASCAR at Texas (11)
- GP of America organizers issue statement on race postponement (10)
- IndyCar TV sked for 2014 released; 13 races to be shown on NBCSN (9)
- NASCAR Sprint Cup silly season update for 2014 (8)
- Stewart: There’s “a lot of potential” for Danica Patrick (7)