Sep 13, 2013, 4:45 PM EDT
Kimi Raikkonen may have signed a deal to drive for Ferrari next season, but the Finn is adamant that this will not deter him from giving his all for Lotus during his final seven races for the team.
When asked how the announcement will change things, Raikkonen said: “Hopefully it means I won’t be asked so much where I’m driving next year.” The Finn’s no-nonsense attitude towards the media has been ever-present during the flurry of speculation surrounding his future.
“But maybe it means more questions. For my racing this season it doesn’t make any difference. I’ll keep pushing at every race to get the best result I can.”
Raikkonen will re-join Ferrari, having last raced for the Scuderia in 2009 at the end of a three-year stint. However, the two parties did not split on good terms, with Raikkonen walking away from Formula One at the end of that season in favor of some rally events.
In 2012, Lotus managed to lure Raikkonen back the sport, and despite appearing to enjoy his time at Enstone, the 2007 world champion has decided that it is time for a change in pursuit of a second title.
- Power steals final pole of IndyCar’s 2015 season with new track record at Sonoma 2
- Oriol Servia reflects on his friend Justin Wilson, as he races No. 25 car at Sonoma (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s championship contenders ready their thoughts, minds for Sonoma finale 1
- Here are your NBCSN TV times, weekend coverage plan for IndyCar’s Sonoma season finale 0
- Preview: IndyCar will race to honor Wilson, and to close its season, at Sonoma 1
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 4
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 5