Sep 14, 2013, 4:04 PM EDT
While Brian France, Mike Helton and Robin Pemberton talked about the closed-door meeting that took place this afternoon at Chicagoland Speedway, the Sprint Cup contingent was getting in final practice for tomorrow’s GEICO 400 on the 1.5-mile oval in Joliet, Illinois.
Chase contender Kasey Kahne was fastest in the session, turning in a lap at 181.068 miles per hour in the No. 5 Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet.
Kahne also had the fastest 10-lap average in “Happy Hour,” with a speed of 178.5 mph across his first 10 circuits.
Juan Pablo Montoya, who will start Sunday’s race in the second row alongside Kahne, was second-fastest in his No. 42 Earnhardt Ganassi Racing Chevrolet with a lap at 181.056 mph.
In terms of 10-lap average, Clint Bowyer was second-quickest behind Kahne, followed by Brian Vickers in third, Johnson in fourth, and Brad Keselowski. All five had their best averages in their first 10 laps.
- Hamilton: Impossible to express how I feel after Monaco defeat 0
- Rosberg lucks in to third straight Monaco GP win after Mercedes’ mistake costs Hamilton victory 36
- 2015 Indy 500 driver-by-driver one-liners 0
- Bell: “Carb Day is many things to many people; mine was many jobs” 0
- Hamilton storms to first Monaco GP pole position 1
- Vettel fastest for Ferrari in final practice for Monaco GP 0
- Chip Ganassi lobbying for IndyCar schedule changes 0