Sep 16, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
The grandest of all club events – the SCCA National Championship Runoffs – kicks off today from Elkhart Lake’s Road America, with practice for the 50th running of the event. Qualifying occurs Tuesday through Thursday for the 28 classes entered, with racing from Friday through Sunday to crown the champions.
All sessions from Monday through Wednesday are 30 minutes with Thursday’s sessions 20 minutes apiece at the 4.048-mile road course. It’s the last year the Runoffs will be held at Road America before they shift west to Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in Monterey, Calif. in 2014. They head to Daytona in 2015 and Mid-Ohio in 2016.
Ahead of the week, more than 700 cars are entered across the 28 classes. The full breakdown of classes and number of entries is below, with the entry list here. More information on the event itself can be found at www.scca.com/runoffs.
Class Entries Formula Atlantic 21 Formula 1000 23 Formula Continental 11 Formula Enterprises 12 Formula Vee 49 Formula F 24 Formula 500 27 Formula Mazda 17 GT-1 17 GT-2 24 GT-3 18 GT-Lite 20 E Production 39 F Production 35 H Production 31 American Sedan 35 Spec Miata 70 C Sports Racing 13 D Sports Racing 10 Sports 2000 11 Spec Racer Ford 54 Touring 1 15 Touring 2 17 Touring 3 22 Touring 4 22 B-Spec 10 STU 19 STL 44
- Simon Pagenaud ‘agonizingly close’ to wins at Mid-Ohio, not to success in 2015 0
- With three races left, who could still win in IndyCar, season 2015? 0
- Marcos Ambrose looks to salvage lost season in V8 Supercars, has had no issues ‘moving on’ from NASCAR 6
- NHRA: Big changes coming to Pro Stock this weekend, next season 19
- Report: Alex Zanardi keen to make Indianapolis 500 debut 7
- Ten with Townsend: Milwaukee and Iowa debrief 0
- For Dixon, it’s likely Mid-Ohio or bust in terms of 2015 IndyCar title hopes 0