Sep 16, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
The grandest of all club events – the SCCA National Championship Runoffs – kicks off today from Elkhart Lake’s Road America, with practice for the 50th running of the event. Qualifying occurs Tuesday through Thursday for the 28 classes entered, with racing from Friday through Sunday to crown the champions.
All sessions from Monday through Wednesday are 30 minutes with Thursday’s sessions 20 minutes apiece at the 4.048-mile road course. It’s the last year the Runoffs will be held at Road America before they shift west to Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in Monterey, Calif. in 2014. They head to Daytona in 2015 and Mid-Ohio in 2016.
Ahead of the week, more than 700 cars are entered across the 28 classes. The full breakdown of classes and number of entries is below, with the entry list here. More information on the event itself can be found at www.scca.com/runoffs.
Class Entries Formula Atlantic 21 Formula 1000 23 Formula Continental 11 Formula Enterprises 12 Formula Vee 49 Formula F 24 Formula 500 27 Formula Mazda 17 GT-1 17 GT-2 24 GT-3 18 GT-Lite 20 E Production 39 F Production 35 H Production 31 American Sedan 35 Spec Miata 70 C Sports Racing 13 D Sports Racing 10 Sports 2000 11 Spec Racer Ford 54 Touring 1 15 Touring 2 17 Touring 3 22 Touring 4 22 B-Spec 10 STU 19 STL 44
Video from NASCAR America
- What might happen to Tony Stewart when District Attorney’s review of Kevin Ward Jr. case is completed? 0
- Jeff Gordon makes strong ‘Drive For Five’ start, also has high praise for Kyle Larson in Chase opener 2
- Keselowski surges between Harvick, Larson to win Chase opener at Chicagoland 0
- For 16 Sprint Cup drivers, the time is here: ready, set, Chase 0
- Kyle Busch starts Truck race ticked-off, only to end up in victory lane at Chicagoland 1
- Joey Logano: ‘We’re ready’ to win Sprint Cup championship 1
- Kyle Busch ready to claim his ‘second’ Sprint Cup championship 2