Sep 16, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
The grandest of all club events – the SCCA National Championship Runoffs – kicks off today from Elkhart Lake’s Road America, with practice for the 50th running of the event. Qualifying occurs Tuesday through Thursday for the 28 classes entered, with racing from Friday through Sunday to crown the champions.
All sessions from Monday through Wednesday are 30 minutes with Thursday’s sessions 20 minutes apiece at the 4.048-mile road course. It’s the last year the Runoffs will be held at Road America before they shift west to Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in Monterey, Calif. in 2014. They head to Daytona in 2015 and Mid-Ohio in 2016.
Ahead of the week, more than 700 cars are entered across the 28 classes. The full breakdown of classes and number of entries is below, with the entry list here. More information on the event itself can be found at www.scca.com/runoffs.
Class Entries Formula Atlantic 21 Formula 1000 23 Formula Continental 11 Formula Enterprises 12 Formula Vee 49 Formula F 24 Formula 500 27 Formula Mazda 17 GT-1 17 GT-2 24 GT-3 18 GT-Lite 20 E Production 39 F Production 35 H Production 31 American Sedan 35 Spec Miata 70 C Sports Racing 13 D Sports Racing 10 Sports 2000 11 Spec Racer Ford 54 Touring 1 15 Touring 2 17 Touring 3 22 Touring 4 22 B-Spec 10 STU 19 STL 44
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 10
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3
- Jeff Gordon advances to next round of Chase with first Dover victory since 2001 5
- Open letter from Kevin Ward Jr.’s aunt questions Tony Stewart, evidence of marijuana in nephew’s system 43
- Kyle Busch outduels Joey Logano for Nationwide win in Dover 2