Sep 17, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
Happy 38th birthday to Jimmie Johnson, the five-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion who got an early present with the arrival of second daughter Lydia on the Friday before the regular season finale at Richmond.
Johnson finished fifth in the Chase for the Sprint Cup opener, the marathon at Chicagoland Speedway, this Sunday.
Video from NASCAR America
- Cindric proposes IndyCar champion Will Power will run No. 1 in 2015 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Assessing Tony Stewart’s return at Atlanta (VIDEO) 1
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 2
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 4
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 1
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 1
- Tony Stewart’s comeback hopes end with rough 41st-place finish at Atlanta 2