Sep 17, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
Happy 38th birthday to Jimmie Johnson, the five-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion who got an early present with the arrival of second daughter Lydia on the Friday before the regular season finale at Richmond.
Johnson finished fifth in the Chase for the Sprint Cup opener, the marathon at Chicagoland Speedway, this Sunday.
Video from NASCAR America
- Renault’s Taffin: Fuel consumption could well be an issue in Singapore 1
- Tony Stewart awaits District Attorney’s review of Kevin Ward Jr. case 11
- Jeff Gordon makes strong ‘Drive For Five’ start, also has high praise for Kyle Larson in Chase opener 2
- Keselowski surges between Harvick, Larson to win Chase opener at Chicagoland 0
- For 16 Sprint Cup drivers, the time is here: ready, set, Chase 0
- Kyle Busch starts Truck race ticked-off, only to end up in victory lane at Chicagoland 1
- Joey Logano: ‘We’re ready’ to win Sprint Cup championship 1