Sep 17, 2013, 5:00 PM EST
Brad Keselowski may not be in the 2013 Chase for the Sprint Cup, but NASCAR’s defending champion didn’t get through Chicago without making any announcements.
Keselowski’s likeness will be featured in Ubisoft’s new game “Watch Dogs,” which launches in November for both next-generation and current generation platforms. It’s a game where players will be immersed as a vigilante in a recreation of Chicago, to have the ability to hack into the central operating system and control almost every element of the city.
It may sound like an abnormal partnership, but it fits with Keselowski’s love of playing video games and his goal to attract a newer, younger demographic to NASCAR.
“I like to do things that are authentic to me,” Keselowski said in a phone interview Saturday. “I play a lot of video games myself – many similar to ‘Watch Dogs’ – this was my chance to be a part of one, so I jumped on it. I just like the way this fits me, who I am, and my generation.”
Video games served as a needed distraction for Keselowski after winning last year’s title.
“These types of games I play over the offseason, as I usually have the most amount of time to really kill, but I still have a lot of fun with it,” he said. “I pulled a 26-hour shift last year after I won the championship – I just needed to get away from everything. I played another game of Ubisoft’s. It’s a great escape for me to get away from racing.”
Keselowski isn’t hoping to “take much out of it” as much he is expose the sport to a different audience.
His day job resumes with the next round of the season at Loudon, N.H. this weekend.
- Hamilton fastest as Mercedes impresses again on day three 0
- Happy 75th birthday to one of the best ever, Mario Andretti 1
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Rosberg quickest as Mercedes shows its hand on day two 0
- Alexander Rossi confirms return to GP2 in 2015 with Racing Engineering 3
- FIA issues updated F1 entry list including “Manor Marussia” 3
- Fernando Alonso thanks fans for support following crash 2