Sep 18, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Jenson Button is still waiting to finalise his McLaren contract for 2014 but doesn’t expect any problems with the deal.
The 2009 world champion told Sky his contract is “not an issue for either party”.
He added they were “just concentrating on racing and we’ll be racing together in 2014″.
Button joined McLaren in 2010 and extended his contract with the team the following year. But he recently revealed an extension on his services for 2014 had not yet been agreed.
Until this year Button was paired with Lewis Hamilton at the team, in one of the few all-champion driver line-ups the sport has seen.
Next year champions Fernando Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen will be paired at Ferrari – something Button things both drivers will benefit from:
“It’s an interesting one,” said Button. “I’ve been with Lewis before, we’re both world champions, and that was a pretty interesting atmosphere in the team.”
“I don’t think it was a bad thing – I think it was a good thing for both of us – and we’ll see if it’s a good thing for those two.”
Button has finished on the podium 25 times since joining McLaren and has won for the team eight times. But he hasn’t added to either tally so far this year with the uncompetitive MP4-28.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: FP2 for the Singapore Grand Prix 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Singapore Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Alonso fastest in first practice for Singapore GP 0
- Michael Waltrip challenges Dale Jr. to go Dancing With The Stars 1
- IndyCar: Brasilia, Brazil race confirmed for March 8, 2015 1
- F1’s Modern Wonder: Under the lights, Singapore shines brightly 0
- 2014 Singapore Grand Prix Preview 0