Sep 18, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
Part one of “Patrick Dempsey: Racing Le Mans” introduced Dempsey’s 2012 race program and tied in his burgeoning racing career to other actors-turned-racers bitten by the racing bug, James Garner, Steve McQueen, and most notably Paul Newman. The second part featured the second half of 2012, where financial issues arose and the team’s P2 program ended after the final round of the season. The third, last week, was the introduction of Porsche to Dempsey Racing, and featured the opening rounds of the 2013 American Le Mans Series season with DDPR running two cars.
The fourth and final installment is Dempsey’s trip to Le Mans with longtime friend, business partner and co-driver Joe Foster, and late Le Mans addition Patrick Long, Porsche’s lone American factory driver. Long was drafted in to replace Michael Avenatti to enhance the team’s competitiveness; the third installment revealed Avenatti, who had promised additional funding to the team, was not thrilled with the decision to put it mildly.
The show airs tonight, 10 p.m. ET, on the Velocity channel.
Video from NASCAR America
- Brad Keselowski wins pole for Sunday’s Chase race at New Hampshire 0
- F1 Friday Analysis: Is Lewis the man to beat? 0
- Hamilton tops FP2 as night falls in Singapore 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Singapore Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Alonso fastest in first practice for Singapore GP 0
- Michael Waltrip challenges Dale Jr. to go Dancing With The Stars 1
- Report: Why Mark Martin couldn’t be Danica Patrick’s driving coach 6