Sep 18, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
Part one of “Patrick Dempsey: Racing Le Mans” introduced Dempsey’s 2012 race program and tied in his burgeoning racing career to other actors-turned-racers bitten by the racing bug, James Garner, Steve McQueen, and most notably Paul Newman. The second part featured the second half of 2012, where financial issues arose and the team’s P2 program ended after the final round of the season. The third, last week, was the introduction of Porsche to Dempsey Racing, and featured the opening rounds of the 2013 American Le Mans Series season with DDPR running two cars.
The fourth and final installment is Dempsey’s trip to Le Mans with longtime friend, business partner and co-driver Joe Foster, and late Le Mans addition Patrick Long, Porsche’s lone American factory driver. Long was drafted in to replace Michael Avenatti to enhance the team’s competitiveness; the third installment revealed Avenatti, who had promised additional funding to the team, was not thrilled with the decision to put it mildly.
The show airs tonight, 10 p.m. ET, on the Velocity channel.
Video from NASCAR America
- Tony Stewart sets fastest qualifying speed ever on 1.5-mile track (200.111 mph), but Matt Kenseth wins pole at Texas 0
- United States GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Hamilton inches away from Rosberg to top FP2 at COTA 0
- Sebastian Vettel to start United States GP from pit lane 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 1
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0