Sep 18, 2013, 4:30 PM EST
Part one of “Patrick Dempsey: Racing Le Mans” introduced Dempsey’s 2012 race program and tied in his burgeoning racing career to other actors-turned-racers bitten by the racing bug, James Garner, Steve McQueen, and most notably Paul Newman. The second part featured the second half of 2012, where financial issues arose and the team’s P2 program ended after the final round of the season. The third, last week, was the introduction of Porsche to Dempsey Racing, and featured the opening rounds of the 2013 American Le Mans Series season with DDPR running two cars.
The fourth and final installment is Dempsey’s trip to Le Mans with longtime friend, business partner and co-driver Joe Foster, and late Le Mans addition Patrick Long, Porsche’s lone American factory driver. Long was drafted in to replace Michael Avenatti to enhance the team’s competitiveness; the third installment revealed Avenatti, who had promised additional funding to the team, was not thrilled with the decision to put it mildly.
The show airs tonight, 10 p.m. ET, on the Velocity channel.
Video from NASCAR America
- Sprint Cup champ Kevin Harvick: “I’m as comfortable as I’ve ever been” 0
- Danica Patrick enters final year of contract but wants to stay at Stewart-Haas 7
- Start times for 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races 8
- Bowyer on Gordon: “You’re never good with somebody when it got that ugly” 21
- NASCAR considers unveiling 2016 rules at Sprint All-Star Race in May 2
- Kyle Busch says Toyota teams are “idiots” by not working close together 20
- Brian France: State of NASCAR is in a good place and getting better 6