Sep 18, 2013, 10:32 AM EDT
Nationwide will end its title sponsorship of the NASCAR Nationwide Series, formerly the NASCAR Busch Series, at the end of its seven-year contract in 2014. It will still remain active in NASCAR as the sanctioning body’s official auto, home, life and business insurance partner through 2017.
“The NASCAR Nationwide Series is a great proving ground not only for drivers and crew members, but for sponsors too,” Nationwide chief marketing officer, Matt Jauchius said in an official release. “We’re proud of the success Nationwide Insurance has attained through our relationships with NASCAR and the Nationwide Series. It’s a natural evolution for Nationwide Insurance to move our marketing investment to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and we’ll continue to put tremendous effort behind all of our NASCAR marketing platforms in the years to come.”
Additionally, Nationwide will expand its Sprint Cup role with drivers Ricky Stenhouse Jr., Danica Patrick and Dale Earnhardt Jr., per a report in the Sports Business Journal. Nationwide sponsors Stenhouse’s No. 17 Roush Fenway Racing Ford in selected races, while it features Patrick and Earnhardt Jr. in some national ads.
“The company has been highly successful in using our sport as a platform to enhance its brand and drive its business and has stated publicly how much value they glean as a series sponsor,” said Steve Phelps, NASCAR Chief Marketing Officer. “The fact that Nationwide will continue its investment across our sport – in a variety of ways and for many years to come – is encouraging and speaks to the power of NASCAR as a marketing platform.”
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 2
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 2
- Fast Facts: GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma 1
- NHRA: Pro Stock driver Erica Enders hitting on all cylinders heading into U.S. Nationals 3
- IndyCar flashback: Justin Wilson finishes second, Will Power/Scott Dixon controversy at Sonoma 2013 (video) 3
- Report: FIA to conduct closed cockpit tests next month 13
- DiZinno: Justin Wilson’s enduring legacy, positive spirit loom as large as his frame 2