Sep 18, 2013, 10:32 AM EDT
Nationwide will end its title sponsorship of the NASCAR Nationwide Series, formerly the NASCAR Busch Series, at the end of its seven-year contract in 2014. It will still remain active in NASCAR as the sanctioning body’s official auto, home, life and business insurance partner through 2017.
“The NASCAR Nationwide Series is a great proving ground not only for drivers and crew members, but for sponsors too,” Nationwide chief marketing officer, Matt Jauchius said in an official release. “We’re proud of the success Nationwide Insurance has attained through our relationships with NASCAR and the Nationwide Series. It’s a natural evolution for Nationwide Insurance to move our marketing investment to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and we’ll continue to put tremendous effort behind all of our NASCAR marketing platforms in the years to come.”
Additionally, Nationwide will expand its Sprint Cup role with drivers Ricky Stenhouse Jr., Danica Patrick and Dale Earnhardt Jr., per a report in the Sports Business Journal. Nationwide sponsors Stenhouse’s No. 17 Roush Fenway Racing Ford in selected races, while it features Patrick and Earnhardt Jr. in some national ads.
“The company has been highly successful in using our sport as a platform to enhance its brand and drive its business and has stated publicly how much value they glean as a series sponsor,” said Steve Phelps, NASCAR Chief Marketing Officer. “The fact that Nationwide will continue its investment across our sport – in a variety of ways and for many years to come – is encouraging and speaks to the power of NASCAR as a marketing platform.”
Video from NASCAR America
- Tony Stewart sets fastest qualifying speed ever on 1.5-mile track (200.111 mph), but Matt Kenseth wins pole at Texas 0
- United States GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Hamilton inches away from Rosberg to top FP2 at COTA 0
- Sebastian Vettel to start United States GP from pit lane 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 1
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0