Sep 19, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Speculation surrounding Jenson Button’s future at McLaren continues to persist after the British driver once again acknowledged that a deal is yet to be signed for 2014, although he is confident that he will be racing for the team in 2014.
“I’ve got a good feeling I’ll be here next year,” Button explained. “That’s as much as I can say. I’m happy.”
Button was in a jovial mood on Thursday, making light of a mistake that saw him walk into Lotus’ hospitality unit.
“I walked out of the toilet and straight into Lotus. Luckily enough there wasn’t a snapper ready and waiting!”
Looking ahead from 2014, Button said that he was excited about McLaren’s new engine deal with Honda in 2015, with the Japanese manufacturer set to return to Formula One after a seven-year break.
“I think for the team it’s fantastic for the future, and I think for any driver within this team in the future, I think it’s a great opportunity working with such a big manufacturer, especially when such big changes are in line,” Button said.
The 2009 world champion has finished in second place at the last two Singapore Grands Prix, and although the pace of the MP4-28 car means that a repeat is unlikely this weekend, he will be keen on scoring as many points as possible in order to keep the team ahead of Force India in the constructors’ championship.
- Simona de Silvestro’s F1 hopes at risk due to financial problems 4
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 22
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3
- Jeff Gordon advances to next round of Chase with first Dover victory since 2001 6