Sep 19, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
Formula One’s top drivers will race under the lights this weekend at the SingTel Singapore Grand Prix, highlighting NBCSN’s 15.5 hours of motorsports coverage. Live coverage of the Singapore Grand Prix, Formula One’s original night-time race, will begin on Sunday at 7:30 a.m. on NBCSN.
NBCSN’s live coverage of the Singapore Grand Prix begins with practice on Friday at 9:30 a.m. ET. Coverage of qualifying will be live streamed on NBC Sports Live Extra – NBC Sports Group’s live streaming product for desktops, mobile devices and tablets – on Saturday at 9:30 a.m. ET, and can be seen on NBCSN at 3:30 p.m. ET. F1 Extra, NBC Sports Group’s half-hour post-race show, will air immediately following the conclusion of the Singapore Grand Prix on Sunday.
The 2008 Singapore Grand Prix was Formula One’s inaugural night-time race. The illuminated Marina Bay Street Circuit continues to serve as the star of one of F1’s premier annual events, and remains the only F1 race to be held “under the lights”.
Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull) aims for his third straight victory in the Singapore Grand Prix after taking the checkered flag the past two years. Vettel leads the F1 driver standings with 221 points and looks to build on his momentum following a first-place finish at the Italian Grand Prix two weeks ago. Vettel has won four of the last six races on the F1 schedule, and leads second-ranked Fernando Alonso(Ferrari) by 47 points. Vettel and Alonso have combined to win four of five races at the Marina Bay Street Circuit since F1’s debut at Singapore in 2008; Vettel stood atop the podium the past two years, while Alonso took the checkered flag in 2008 and 2010.
NBCSN will also air episodes of Mobil 1 The Grid and TRANSLOGIC this week as part of NBCSN’s motorsports coverage.
The full release is linked here, via the NBC Sports Group Press Box website.
|Thur., September 19||Mobil 1 The Grid||NBCSN||9 p.m.|
|Fri., September 20||F1 Singapore Grand Prix – Practice||NBCSN||9:30 a.m.|
|Sat., September 21||F1 Singapore Grand Prix – Practice (Encore)||NBCSN||1 a.m.|
|F1 Singapore Grand Prix – Qualifying||NBC Sports Live Extra||9:30 a.m.|
|F1 Singapore Grand Prix – Qualifying||NBCSN||3:30 p.m.|
|Sun., September 22||F1 Singapore Grand Prix – Qualifying (Encore)||NBCSN||1 a.m.|
|F1 Singapore Grand Prix||NBCSN||7:30 a.m.|
|F1 Extra||NBCSN||10 a.m.|
|F1 Singapore Grand Prix (Encore)||NBCSN||1:30 p.m.|
|F1 Extra (Encore)||NBCSN||4 p.m.|
|*Dates and times subject to change|
- As NHRA closes in on 100 wins by female racers, it all started with one of the greatest, Shirley Muldowney 0
- Brad Keselowski: Changes overdue to Sprint Cup schedule; offers his ideas 4
- Richard Petty to return at Richmond, first race since wife Lynda’s death 1
- NASCAR VP: 2015 Sprint Cup engine package to be revealed before All-Star Race 0
- Too much, too fast, too soon: The sad saga of Swan Racing 0
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (20)
- Alonso’s doing it again – another year outperforming teammate, equipment (13)
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)