Sep 20, 2013, 6:45 PM EDT
The merged Tudor United SportsCar Championship wasn’t alone in revealing its 2014 calendar on Friday. Also doing so Friday in Austin was the FIA World Endurance Championship with a calendar nearly identical to this year’s.
As in 2013, the 2014 FIA WEC will be eight races, with the crown jewel the 2014 24 Hours of Le Mans on June 14-15, a week earlier than this year.
The eight-race calendar is below, in the same order as it is in 2013. The only USCC conflict is on June 1, as the American series will be racing in Detroit on the Saturday, May 31, and the Le Mans test day is the Sunday. As it is this weekend, a joint round of the two championships – WEC on Sunday, USCC on Saturday – will be held in September at the Circuit of the Americas in Austin.
Mar 28-29 Official Test – Paul Ricard
Apr 18-20 Silverstone
May 9-10 Spa-Francorchamps
June 1 Test Day – 24H of Le Mans
June 14-15 24 Hours of Le Mans
Aug 29-31 Interlagos
Sept 19-21 Circuit of the Americas
Oct 10-12 Fuji
Oct 31-Nov 1 Shanghai
Nov 13-15 Bahrain
- NHRA: ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman earns 5th Funny Car win of 2015; Brown (TF), McGaha (PS), Krawiec (PSM) also win 0
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 0
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 1
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 1
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 2
- Helio Castroneves leads halfway through the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Mid-Ohio (1:30 p.m. ET, CNBC and Live Extra) 0