Sep 20, 2013, 6:45 PM EDT
The merged Tudor United SportsCar Championship wasn’t alone in revealing its 2014 calendar on Friday. Also doing so Friday in Austin was the FIA World Endurance Championship with a calendar nearly identical to this year’s.
As in 2013, the 2014 FIA WEC will be eight races, with the crown jewel the 2014 24 Hours of Le Mans on June 14-15, a week earlier than this year.
The eight-race calendar is below, in the same order as it is in 2013. The only USCC conflict is on June 1, as the American series will be racing in Detroit on the Saturday, May 31, and the Le Mans test day is the Sunday. As it is this weekend, a joint round of the two championships – WEC on Sunday, USCC on Saturday – will be held in September at the Circuit of the Americas in Austin.
Mar 28-29 Official Test – Paul Ricard
Apr 18-20 Silverstone
May 9-10 Spa-Francorchamps
June 1 Test Day – 24H of Le Mans
June 14-15 24 Hours of Le Mans
Aug 29-31 Interlagos
Sept 19-21 Circuit of the Americas
Oct 10-12 Fuji
Oct 31-Nov 1 Shanghai
Nov 13-15 Bahrain
- Derrick Walker reflects on IndyCar tenure and future 0
- Social Roundup: IndyCar season-ending banquet 0
- Scott Dixon awarded $1 million for fourth championship at IndyCar banquet 1
- Hulkenberg extends contract with Force India for two more years 1
- Ten with Townsend: Sonoma and 2015 IndyCar debrief 1
- Dixon’s latest title a story of consistency, comeback, typical “Ice Man” cool 0
- Double points reverse Montoya’s IndyCar championship hopes (VIDEO) 18