Sep 20, 2013, 6:45 PM EDT
The merged Tudor United SportsCar Championship wasn’t alone in revealing its 2014 calendar on Friday. Also doing so Friday in Austin was the FIA World Endurance Championship with a calendar nearly identical to this year’s.
As in 2013, the 2014 FIA WEC will be eight races, with the crown jewel the 2014 24 Hours of Le Mans on June 14-15, a week earlier than this year.
The eight-race calendar is below, in the same order as it is in 2013. The only USCC conflict is on June 1, as the American series will be racing in Detroit on the Saturday, May 31, and the Le Mans test day is the Sunday. As it is this weekend, a joint round of the two championships – WEC on Sunday, USCC on Saturday – will be held in September at the Circuit of the Americas in Austin.
Mar 28-29 Official Test – Paul Ricard
Apr 18-20 Silverstone
May 9-10 Spa-Francorchamps
June 1 Test Day – 24H of Le Mans
June 14-15 24 Hours of Le Mans
Aug 29-31 Interlagos
Sept 19-21 Circuit of the Americas
Oct 10-12 Fuji
Oct 31-Nov 1 Shanghai
Nov 13-15 Bahrain
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 1
- Montoya rallies for second Indianapolis 500 victory (VIDEO) 5
- Hamilton: Impossible to express how I feel after Monaco defeat 2
- Rosberg lucks in to third straight Monaco GP win after Mercedes’ mistake costs Hamilton victory 47
- 2015 Indy 500 driver-by-driver one-liners 0
- Bell: “Carb Day is many things to many people; mine was many jobs” 0