Sep 20, 2013, 8:45 AM EST
Nico Hulkenberg has said that there are no hard feelings between him and Ferrari despite missing out on the seat at the team for the second year in a row.
The German driver was closely linked with Felipe Massa’s seat in 2012, but Ferrari opted to retain the Brazilian driver for the current season. However, the decision to drop Massa for 2014 appears to have been taken around the time of the British Grand Prix, with Hulkenberg having a Ferrari contract on the table only for the team to sign Kimi Raikkonen once the Finn’s talks with Red Bull had broken down. Despite the situation, Hulkenberg does not feel bitter.
“I think the relationship [with Ferrari] is as good and as positive as before,” he explained in Thursday’s press conference ahead of the Singapore Grand Prix. “I think there has maybe been some misunderstanding and that story has been blown up by the media. I read that too but no, I don’t feel that.”
Hulkenberg was also quick to deny reports that he had been informed of Ferrari’s decision by text message, and he is refusing to dwell on the entire matter.
“There’s no point now to think about that too much,” he said. “That’s history now. I have to look forward and move on.”
Following Raikkonen’s move to Ferrari, Hulkenberg is now being linked with the Finn’s vacant seat at Lotus.
- ‘Do you get mad when your boyfriend wrecks you?’ Danica Patrick faces kids’ pressing questions 1
- Jeff Gordon to serve as NASCAR TV analyst this season 6
- Ganassi’s No. 02 Riley-Ford Scores Rolex 24 Victory 3
- Rex White, NASCAR Hall of Fame driver — and storyteller 1
- Is a NASCAR TV analyst career in Jeff Gordon’s future? ‘I’d entertain it’ 2
- After wedding and winter to reflect, Joey Logano looks for more in 2015 2
- Jeff Gordon’s legacy of success transcends generations 1