Sep 20, 2013, 11:00 PM EST
Believe it or not, we’re heading toward the end of September and the conclusion of the IZOD IndyCar Series’ “fall break” before it returns to action on October 5 and 6 at the Shell/Pennzoil Grand Prix of Houston (whose twin races you can see live on NBCSN).
Chip Ganassi Racing driver Charlie Kimball recently made a stop in Space City to visit Comcast SportsNet Houston’s “Sports Talk Live” and discuss the upcoming doubleheader.
Kimball, who broke through for his inaugural IndyCar victory this summer at Mid-Ohio, told CSN Houston that he’s looking forward to the challenge of Reliant Park’s compact, 10-turn layout.
“It’s going to be a heck of a racetrack,” Kimball said. “It’s going to be a lot of fun. I know it was successful a few years back when [Champ Car] raced there.
“To race around the history of the Astrodome and [Reliant Stadium] – and so much of the racing is going to be so good because it’s going to be technical, it’s going to be rough. It’s probably going to be hot, maybe wet. It’s the perfect storm for a great race weekend.”
You can check out more of Kimball’s visit to CSN Houston in the clip above.
- Joey Logano wins Vegas pole, Penske claims front row again 0
- 5 storylines that could define the 2014 F1 season 1
- Indianapolis 500 2014 Qualifying Format Revealed 5
- Schumacher “still in the wake up phase” 0
- Driver, team owner and now actor: Tony Stewart’s first edition of ‘Smoke is The Bandit’ is released (video) 0
- Instead of significant improvement, 2014 starting off the way 2013 ended for Danica Patrick (10)
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (6)
- Disastrous day for Red Bull as Vettel manages just half a lap (5)