Sep 20, 2013, 11:00 PM EST
Believe it or not, we’re heading toward the end of September and the conclusion of the IZOD IndyCar Series’ “fall break” before it returns to action on October 5 and 6 at the Shell/Pennzoil Grand Prix of Houston (whose twin races you can see live on NBCSN).
Chip Ganassi Racing driver Charlie Kimball recently made a stop in Space City to visit Comcast SportsNet Houston’s “Sports Talk Live” and discuss the upcoming doubleheader.
Kimball, who broke through for his inaugural IndyCar victory this summer at Mid-Ohio, told CSN Houston that he’s looking forward to the challenge of Reliant Park’s compact, 10-turn layout.
“It’s going to be a heck of a racetrack,” Kimball said. “It’s going to be a lot of fun. I know it was successful a few years back when [Champ Car] raced there.
“To race around the history of the Astrodome and [Reliant Stadium] – and so much of the racing is going to be so good because it’s going to be technical, it’s going to be rough. It’s probably going to be hot, maybe wet. It’s the perfect storm for a great race weekend.”
You can check out more of Kimball’s visit to CSN Houston in the clip above.
Video from NASCAR America
- LeBron James’ agent involved in Darrell Wallace Jr.’s hunt for sponsorship 1
- Sponsorship woes leave Jeb Burton scrambling again for a NASCAR ride 3
- Sprint Cup champ Kevin Harvick: “I’m as comfortable as I’ve ever been” 0
- Danica Patrick enters final year of contract but wants to stay at Stewart-Haas 14
- Start times for 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races 9
- Bowyer on Gordon: “You’re never good with somebody when it got that ugly” 25
- NASCAR considers unveiling 2016 rules at Sprint All-Star Race in May 2