Sep 20, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT
Believe it or not, we’re heading toward the end of September and the conclusion of the IZOD IndyCar Series’ “fall break” before it returns to action on October 5 and 6 at the Shell/Pennzoil Grand Prix of Houston (whose twin races you can see live on NBCSN).
Chip Ganassi Racing driver Charlie Kimball recently made a stop in Space City to visit Comcast SportsNet Houston’s “Sports Talk Live” and discuss the upcoming doubleheader.
Kimball, who broke through for his inaugural IndyCar victory this summer at Mid-Ohio, told CSN Houston that he’s looking forward to the challenge of Reliant Park’s compact, 10-turn layout.
“It’s going to be a heck of a racetrack,” Kimball said. “It’s going to be a lot of fun. I know it was successful a few years back when [Champ Car] raced there.
“To race around the history of the Astrodome and [Reliant Stadium] – and so much of the racing is going to be so good because it’s going to be technical, it’s going to be rough. It’s probably going to be hot, maybe wet. It’s the perfect storm for a great race weekend.”
You can check out more of Kimball’s visit to CSN Houston in the clip above.
- NHRA drag racing superstar John Force goes on vacation — at a dragstrip, of course 0
- Swan Racing restructures, splits up two-car Sprint Cup operation 0
- It’s official: Redskins QB RG III to drive pace car at Richmond for Saturday’s Sprint Cup race 2
- Raikkonen: Yes, he’s still motivated, otherwise he wouldn’t be here 7
- Red Bull tweaks Mercedes over attempt to increase ‘Fuelgate’ punishment 5
More from NASCAR America
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (20)
- Alonso’s doing it again – another year outperforming teammate, equipment (12)
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)