Sep 20, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT
Believe it or not, we’re heading toward the end of September and the conclusion of the IZOD IndyCar Series’ “fall break” before it returns to action on October 5 and 6 at the Shell/Pennzoil Grand Prix of Houston (whose twin races you can see live on NBCSN).
Chip Ganassi Racing driver Charlie Kimball recently made a stop in Space City to visit Comcast SportsNet Houston’s “Sports Talk Live” and discuss the upcoming doubleheader.
Kimball, who broke through for his inaugural IndyCar victory this summer at Mid-Ohio, told CSN Houston that he’s looking forward to the challenge of Reliant Park’s compact, 10-turn layout.
“It’s going to be a heck of a racetrack,” Kimball said. “It’s going to be a lot of fun. I know it was successful a few years back when [Champ Car] raced there.
“To race around the history of the Astrodome and [Reliant Stadium] – and so much of the racing is going to be so good because it’s going to be technical, it’s going to be rough. It’s probably going to be hot, maybe wet. It’s the perfect storm for a great race weekend.”
You can check out more of Kimball’s visit to CSN Houston in the clip above.
- Alonso fastest in first practice for Chinese GP 0
- Flashback to when a 67-second pit stop at the Indy 500 was fast vs. a modern-day F1 stop (video) 1
- VIDEO: Chinese GP Paddock Pass 0
- BREAKING NEWS: Swan Racing’s future in NASCAR in question 2
- Long Beach weekend atmosphere thrills Roger Daltrey, as he promotes Teen Cancer America 0
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Andretti drivers say GP of Long Beach should stay with IndyCar (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jimmie Johnson do it old school style in a pair of classic pickup trucks (VIDEOS) (5)