Sep 20, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
As the eyes of the Formula One world become fixated on the lights of Singapore this weekend, Nico Rosberg has explained how on track the race is one of the toughest on the calendar.
“It’s great to be back in Singapore although the conditions are incredibly hot out there and it’s a tough challenge for the drivers,” Rosberg said after practice on Friday. “We had a reasonable day but there is still some work to do this evening as our competitors seem to be very quick again.”
Rosberg finished FP2 in third place, trailing Red Bull teammates Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber at the head of the field. Having suffered from tire problems earlier on in the season, Rosberg is keen on ensuring a repeat does not occur in Singapore this weekend given the heat and humidity of the region.
“We will be looking at how we used the tires this evening and make sure we are on top of potential overheating and degradation on the long runs as there are no long straights here to cool the tires down.”
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Andretti drivers say GP of Long Beach should stay with IndyCar (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jimmie Johnson do it old school style in a pair of classic pickup trucks (VIDEOS) (5)