Sep 20, 2013, 4:00 PM EST
Adrian Sutil is feeling relaxed about his future in Formula One despite not having a secure contract for next season.
The German driver returned to Force India in 2013 after being dropped at the end of 2011, and he has aided the team en route to its best ever start to a Formula One season. Although the team is yet to confirm its line-up for 2014, Sutil is unconcerned.
“I would enjoy to do another season here,” Sutil said when asked by NBC Sports about his future. “I’ve done many seasons with Sahara Force India but still it’s feeling good. It’s all about having a good car, of course, then you enjoy it more.”
He did reveal that he had not spoken greatly to Force India about next season, preferring to focus on his driving.
“I haven’t had a lot of talks to be honest, which on one side is good because I can focus on the racing. I don’t need to speak so much. Let’s see what comes.
“Formula One always changes quickly. I’m open at the moment, but as I said, I would be happy to do another season here with Force India.”
Sutil ran well in second practice on Friday to finish ninth, six-tenths ahead of teammate Paul di Resta.
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 0
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 0
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 1
- F1 pre-season testing ends with Bottas fastest for Williams 1