Sep 22, 2013, 4:45 PM EDT
Red Bull team principal Christian Horner has congratulated Sebastian Vettel on taking such an imperious victory in Singapore today, believe that it is one of the German driver’s best performances in Formula One.
Vettel’s commanding victory at the Marina Bay Street Circuit came despite making a poor start and having his early lead eradicated by a safety car period. Eventually, he crossed the line thirty seconds ahead of closest challenger Fernando Alonso, and Horner believes that this was Vettel at his very best.
“It was a phenomenal performance by Sebastian,” Horner said. “It was one of his strongest ever drives, particularly after the safety car came out halfway through the race. It wasn’t the best moment for us and after that, Seb needed to pull out a gap of twenty-seven seconds. He pulled out thirty seconds in fifteen laps, at times lapping over two seconds quicker than the rest of the field.
“It was incredible to watch and it was a thoroughly deserved and really dominant victory today.”
Red Bull did not have it all their own way in Singapore though, with Mark Webber suffering from an overheating engine late on that forced him to retire on the final lap. However, the result does see Vettel extend his lead in the drivers’ championship to sixty points which, with just 150 left to play for, could prove to be unassailable.
- Hamilton may have won again, but it was Raikkonen and Rosberg who stood out in Bahrain 5
- Scott Dixon breaks through for elusive Long Beach win 2
- Hamilton pleased to fend off Ferrari in Bahrain despite last lap brake scare 1
- Hamilton puts on a show under the lights to win Bahrain GP 6
- Off The Grid: Melbourne premieres 1:30pm ET on NBCSN (VIDEO) 0
- Castroneves secures pole in IndyCar qualifying at Long Beach 1
- Hamilton eases to fourth straight pole position in Bahrain 0