Sep 24, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
Brian Scott will make his NASCAR Sprint Cup Series debut at Charlotte on Oct. 12, Richard Childress Racing announced Tuesday. Scott, one of RCR’s Nationwide Series drivers, will drive the team’s No. 33 Shore Lodge Chevrolet.
“Brian has been doing great with us this year in the Nationwide Series and it’s always good to see young talent coming up in our sport,” Childress said in the team’s release. “He’s shown a good feel for how to race our cars and that he’s qualified to try his hand in the Sprint Cup Series. We’re looking forward to having him in that race.”
Scott has two Camping World Truck Series wins but is yet to win a Nationwide race this season or in his career. He came bitterly close at Richmond by leading the first 239 laps of 250 in the fall race. He was in the news for another reason entirely at the spring Richmond race, when he was on the receiving end of a kick to the groin by competitor Nelson Piquet Jr.
- Cooler heads prevail as IndyCar drivers test at Texas (VIDEO) 0
- Jeff Gordon has bad news for his rivals: He’s thinking of racing for 10 more years 2
- NASCAR’s birthplace, the Streamline Hotel in Daytona Beach, to get significant makeover 0
- IndyCar remix: Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach (VIDEO) 0
- Ten with Townsend: Long Beach Debrief 2
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Andretti drivers say GP of Long Beach should stay with IndyCar (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jimmie Johnson do it old school style in a pair of classic pickup trucks (VIDEOS) (5)