Sep 24, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
The GRAND-AM Rolex Series prepares to sign off under that name and series identity at Lime Rock Park this weekend, before the merged Tudor United SportsCar Championship premieres in 2014.
There’s a handful of entry list updates coming for the race and we’ll put them in below:
- In DP, Starworks Motorsport has Pierre Kaffer and Mike Hedlund in the team’s No. 8 Ford Riley, as full season co-drivers Brendon Hartley and Scott Mayer have prior commitments. Hedlund is a sizeable upgrade in the gentleman driver department over Mayer.
- GT sees GM add factory shoes Antonio Garcia and Jan Magnussen to Stevenson Motorsports’ No. 75 Camaro, in support of the team’s full-season No. 57 entry for John Edwards and Robin Liddell.
- Ferrari is providing support at Scuderia Corsa, as well, with Johannes van Overbeek and Paul Westphal set to drive the No. 64 F458 in support of title contender Alessandro Balzan and Leh Keen in the team’s No. 63 car.
- Also in GT, the TRG-AMR squad brings in Damien Faulkner and Richie Stanaway to pilot the team’s No. 66 Vantage. Faulkner co-drove TRG’s winning GTC class Porsche in the American Le Mans Series race at Austin; Stanaway has raced with AMR’s factory effort in the FIA World Endurance Championship, in the GTE Pro class.
- Turner Motorsport adds Tom Kimber-Smith to its GT class No. 93 BMW M3, alongside Michael Marsal.
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Former FIA prez Max Mosley rubbishes F1′s ongoing noise saga (6)