Sep 24, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
The GRAND-AM Rolex Series prepares to sign off under that name and series identity at Lime Rock Park this weekend, before the merged Tudor United SportsCar Championship premieres in 2014.
There’s a handful of entry list updates coming for the race and we’ll put them in below:
- In DP, Starworks Motorsport has Pierre Kaffer and Mike Hedlund in the team’s No. 8 Ford Riley, as full season co-drivers Brendon Hartley and Scott Mayer have prior commitments. Hedlund is a sizeable upgrade in the gentleman driver department over Mayer.
- GT sees GM add factory shoes Antonio Garcia and Jan Magnussen to Stevenson Motorsports’ No. 75 Camaro, in support of the team’s full-season No. 57 entry for John Edwards and Robin Liddell.
- Ferrari is providing support at Scuderia Corsa, as well, with Johannes van Overbeek and Paul Westphal set to drive the No. 64 F458 in support of title contender Alessandro Balzan and Leh Keen in the team’s No. 63 car.
- Also in GT, the TRG-AMR squad brings in Damien Faulkner and Richie Stanaway to pilot the team’s No. 66 Vantage. Faulkner co-drove TRG’s winning GTC class Porsche in the American Le Mans Series race at Austin; Stanaway has raced with AMR’s factory effort in the FIA World Endurance Championship, in the GTE Pro class.
- Turner Motorsport adds Tom Kimber-Smith to its GT class No. 93 BMW M3, alongside Michael Marsal.
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 0
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 0
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 1
- Helio Castroneves leads halfway through the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Mid-Ohio (1:30 p.m. ET, CNBC and Live Extra) 0
- Hunter-Reay fastest in final Mid-Ohio warm up despite spinning out 0
- Cole Custer sails to first career ARCA win at Pocono, 9th first-time winner in series in 2015 0