Sep 24, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
Mark Webber and Fernando Alonso don’t think much of their Singapore Grand Prix reprimands and have said as much on Twitter.
The pair were reprimanded after Alonso stopped on the track to collect Webber following Sunday’s race.
Alonso referenced the ‘taxi’ row with this Tweet:
While Webber pointed out that Derek Warwick, one of the stewards who gave him the reprimand, had himself had such a ‘taxi ride’ in the past:
Webber also responded to the explanation given for his reprimand, which was that he’d entered the track without gaining permission from a marshal. Some reports claim he was specifically forbidden from going onto the track.
“Contrary to reports, there was no interaction at all with any track officials after we put the fire out,” said Webber, who retired from the race on the last lap with an engine fire.
“For [Alonso] and me to receive reprimands for our actions after the race it is comical to say the least,” he added. “Great moment, and fans loved it.”
- Manor passes final crash tests ahead of Australian GP 1
- WATCH: Mercedes F1: Road to Repeat at 8 p.m. ET highlights F1 block on NBCSN 0
- Manor Marussia F1 confirms trip to Melbourne 3
- Agag: Formula E off to “incredible start” heading into U.S. swing 2
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 3
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1