Sep 24, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Mark Webber and Fernando Alonso don’t think much of their Singapore Grand Prix reprimands and have said as much on Twitter.
The pair were reprimanded after Alonso stopped on the track to collect Webber following Sunday’s race.
Alonso referenced the ‘taxi’ row with this Tweet:
While Webber pointed out that Derek Warwick, one of the stewards who gave him the reprimand, had himself had such a ‘taxi ride’ in the past:
Webber also responded to the explanation given for his reprimand, which was that he’d entered the track without gaining permission from a marshal. Some reports claim he was specifically forbidden from going onto the track.
“Contrary to reports, there was no interaction at all with any track officials after we put the fire out,” said Webber, who retired from the race on the last lap with an engine fire.
“For [Alonso] and me to receive reprimands for our actions after the race it is comical to say the least,” he added. “Great moment, and fans loved it.”
- WATCH LIVE: FP2 for the Italian Grand Prix on NBCSN and Live Extra from 8am ET 0
- Hamilton leads Mercedes one-two in Italian GP FP1 0
- NHRA: All you need to know about the 61st U.S. Nationals 0
- NHRA: Year’s biggest race, the U.S. Nationals, ready to roll 2
- F1 2015’s silly season is proving to be a let down, but who could yet spice it up? 3
- 2015 Italian Grand Prix Preview 0
- James Hinchcliffe on the comeback trail for IndyCar driving return 2