Sep 24, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Mark Webber and Fernando Alonso don’t think much of their Singapore Grand Prix reprimands and have said as much on Twitter.
The pair were reprimanded after Alonso stopped on the track to collect Webber following Sunday’s race.
Alonso referenced the ‘taxi’ row with this Tweet:
While Webber pointed out that Derek Warwick, one of the stewards who gave him the reprimand, had himself had such a ‘taxi ride’ in the past:
Webber also responded to the explanation given for his reprimand, which was that he’d entered the track without gaining permission from a marshal. Some reports claim he was specifically forbidden from going onto the track.
“Contrary to reports, there was no interaction at all with any track officials after we put the fire out,” said Webber, who retired from the race on the last lap with an engine fire.
“For [Alonso] and me to receive reprimands for our actions after the race it is comical to say the least,” he added. “Great moment, and fans loved it.”
- Bell: “A wild Indy 500 without the finish we desired” 0
- Rosberg joins Hill, Prost and Senna as Monaco three-peat winners after gifted victory 0
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 2
- Montoya rallies for second Indianapolis 500 victory (VIDEO) 10
- Hamilton: Impossible to express how I feel after Monaco defeat 4
- Rosberg lucks in to third straight Monaco GP win after Mercedes’ mistake costs Hamilton victory 53