Sep 25, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Few things are as majestic to watch as racing in the rain. And, driving-wise, few things are scarier.
So leave it to SCCA Runoffs Formula Continental National Champion Peter Portante, driving for ArmsUp Motorsports, to provide a look at the driving aspect of it, while we can watch with our jaws dropped.
Practice for the Runoffs, held at Elkhart Lake’s Road America, was held under torrential rain and it takes a ridiculous level of car control to be able to hold onto the car in these conditions. The oversteer level is intense as Portante has to correct the car from spinning out at almost every corner of the 14 that encompass the 4.048-mile course.
It’s a visual treat to watch for 3 or so minutes.
Portante is a regular in the USF2000 National Championship, the first step on the Mazda Road to Indy ladder, driving for Belardi Auto Racing.
- Dixon’s latest title a story of consistency, comeback, typical “Ice Man” cool 0
- Double points reverse Montoya’s IndyCar championship hopes (VIDEO) 8
- Scott Dixon captures Sonoma race win and 2015 IndyCar championship (VIDEO) 12
- Robin Miller pays tribute to Justin Wilson (VIDEO) 3
- WATCH LIVE: IndyCar’s championship decided in Sonoma at 1 p.m. PT, 4 ET on NBCSN 1
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Sonoma (4 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- Porsche’s no. 17 car surges to maiden WEC victory in 6 Hours of Nürburgring 2