Sep 25, 2013, 1:30 PM EST
Few things are as majestic to watch as racing in the rain. And, driving-wise, few things are scarier.
So leave it to SCCA Runoffs Formula Continental National Champion Peter Portante, driving for ArmsUp Motorsports, to provide a look at the driving aspect of it, while we can watch with our jaws dropped.
Practice for the Runoffs, held at Elkhart Lake’s Road America, was held under torrential rain and it takes a ridiculous level of car control to be able to hold onto the car in these conditions. The oversteer level is intense as Portante has to correct the car from spinning out at almost every corner of the 14 that encompass the 4.048-mile course.
It’s a visual treat to watch for 3 or so minutes.
Portante is a regular in the USF2000 National Championship, the first step on the Mazda Road to Indy ladder, driving for Belardi Auto Racing.
Video from NASCAR America
- 2014 F1 championship showdown preview: Lewis Hamilton 0
- Hamilton quickest in second practice for Abu Dhabi GP 0
- First blood to Hamilton in Abu Dhabi as he tops FP1 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- The F1 champ is crowned on NBCSN from Abu Dhabi this weekend 0
- Alonso: My next move won’t be a surprise for anybody 0
- Will the weight of expectation prove to be too great for Lewis Hamilton in Abu Dhabi? 1