Sep 26, 2013, 10:00 AM EST
The sponsor musical chairs currently occurring in NASCAR continues with the news Quicken Loans will follow Ryan Newman to Richard Childress Racing for 2014.
Quicken currently supports Newman at Stewart-Haas Racing and the company was quick to issue praise for how he’s handled difficult situations this year, notably in the wake of the Chase for the Sprint Cup controversy at Richmond.
“Ryan has shown that he is not only an incredible race car driver, but also someone with great integrity and class,” Jay Farner, President and Chief Marketing Officer of Quicken Loans, said in a statement. “The way Ryan has handled some very tough situations this year, while also continuing to ignore the noise and perform at a high-level, made our decision to stick with him a no-brainer. He embodies what we stand for each and every day.”
Newman will drive the No. 31 Chevrolet, which will retain Caterpillar primary sponsorship for 24 races and Quicken Loans for the remaining 12.
RCR gains this sponsor after Budweiser and Jimmy John’s, longtime Kevin Harvick sponsors, shift with him to Stewart-Haas. Stewart-Haas retains Newman’s other current sponsor, Outback Steakhouse, for Harvick.
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 0
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 2
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 1
- F1 pre-season testing ends with Bottas fastest for Williams 1
- Lewis Hamilton explains decision to reject #1 for 2015 1
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0