Sep 27, 2013, 10:16 PM EDT
GRAND-AM’s championship weekend at Lime Rock Park got underway this afternoon, as the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge’s Street Tuner category closed their 2013 campaign this afternoon.
Joel Miller and Tristan Nunez were able to pick up the race victory, with Miller making the race-winning pass on Gregory Liefooghe with four minutes remaining in the event.
Farther back, Terry Borcheller was able to climb up the pylon far enough to earn the ST class title for himself and teammate Mike LaMarra (No. 23 Burton Racing BMW 128i) with a fifth-place finish.
“I did all the math before the race, so I knew what I needed to do,” Borcheller told GRAND-AM.com. “Today was a thriller. It was a good way to win a championship … fighting. That’s why we were in the position and that’s why we won the championship – because we fight.”
Borcheller and LaMarra wound up taking the drivers’ title by nine points, 268-259, over their main rivals from Compass360 Racing, Ryan Eversley and Kyle Gimple, who finished sixth in the race. Burton Racing also won the ST team title over Compass360, 271-259.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Matt Kenseth confident as Loudon looms (VIDEO) 0
- Singapore GP, Red Bull GRC highlight weekend’s NBC motorsports coverage 0
- NASCAR: Richard Petty Motorsports committed to two-car program in 2015 5
- NASCAR: STANLEY, DEWALT join JGR in 2015 4
- NASCAR AMERICA: One Sprint Cup title not enough for Keselowski (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s Mikhail Aleshin released from Indianapolis hospital 0
- DA will submit evidence from Tony Stewart/Kevin Ward Jr. case to grand jury 25