Sep 27, 2013, 10:16 PM EST
GRAND-AM’s championship weekend at Lime Rock Park got underway this afternoon, as the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge’s Street Tuner category closed their 2013 campaign this afternoon.
Joel Miller and Tristan Nunez were able to pick up the race victory, with Miller making the race-winning pass on Gregory Liefooghe with four minutes remaining in the event.
Farther back, Terry Borcheller was able to climb up the pylon far enough to earn the ST class title for himself and teammate Mike LaMarra (No. 23 Burton Racing BMW 128i) with a fifth-place finish.
“I did all the math before the race, so I knew what I needed to do,” Borcheller told GRAND-AM.com. “Today was a thriller. It was a good way to win a championship … fighting. That’s why we were in the position and that’s why we won the championship – because we fight.”
Borcheller and LaMarra wound up taking the drivers’ title by nine points, 268-259, over their main rivals from Compass360 Racing, Ryan Eversley and Kyle Gimple, who finished sixth in the race. Burton Racing also won the ST team title over Compass360, 271-259.
Video from NASCAR America
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 1