Sep 27, 2013, 10:16 PM EDT
GRAND-AM’s championship weekend at Lime Rock Park got underway this afternoon, as the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge’s Street Tuner category closed their 2013 campaign this afternoon.
Joel Miller and Tristan Nunez were able to pick up the race victory, with Miller making the race-winning pass on Gregory Liefooghe with four minutes remaining in the event.
Farther back, Terry Borcheller was able to climb up the pylon far enough to earn the ST class title for himself and teammate Mike LaMarra (No. 23 Burton Racing BMW 128i) with a fifth-place finish.
“I did all the math before the race, so I knew what I needed to do,” Borcheller told GRAND-AM.com. “Today was a thriller. It was a good way to win a championship … fighting. That’s why we were in the position and that’s why we won the championship – because we fight.”
Borcheller and LaMarra wound up taking the drivers’ title by nine points, 268-259, over their main rivals from Compass360 Racing, Ryan Eversley and Kyle Gimple, who finished sixth in the race. Burton Racing also won the ST team title over Compass360, 271-259.
Video from NASCAR America
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 2
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 3
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 14
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET for Martinsville outlook 0