Sep 27, 2013, 10:16 PM EST
GRAND-AM’s championship weekend at Lime Rock Park got underway this afternoon, as the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge’s Street Tuner category closed their 2013 campaign this afternoon.
Joel Miller and Tristan Nunez were able to pick up the race victory, with Miller making the race-winning pass on Gregory Liefooghe with four minutes remaining in the event.
Farther back, Terry Borcheller was able to climb up the pylon far enough to earn the ST class title for himself and teammate Mike LaMarra (No. 23 Burton Racing BMW 128i) with a fifth-place finish.
“I did all the math before the race, so I knew what I needed to do,” Borcheller told GRAND-AM.com. “Today was a thriller. It was a good way to win a championship … fighting. That’s why we were in the position and that’s why we won the championship – because we fight.”
Borcheller and LaMarra wound up taking the drivers’ title by nine points, 268-259, over their main rivals from Compass360 Racing, Ryan Eversley and Kyle Gimple, who finished sixth in the race. Burton Racing also won the ST team title over Compass360, 271-259.
Video from NASCAR America
- Sam Hornish Jr. has much to be thankful for: new home, renewed Sprint Cup hopes with Richard Petty Motorsports 0
- NBCSN’s F1 coverage delivers best ever single-season numbers for a cable network 4
- Mercedes reserve Wehrlein leads final Abu Dhabi test day to end 2014 0
- Jean-Eric Vergne confirms Toro Rosso exit 3
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 6
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 4