Sep 28, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
Christian Horner may have called Sebastian Vettel’s dominance of the Singapore Grand Prix “one of his best” performances in Formula One, but the Red Bull team principal has said that he is not expecting a repeat of this form at the Korean Grand Prix next weekend.
The German driver won the race by over thirty seconds, lapping over two seconds per lap quicker than the rest of the field in places. However, speaking to Autosport, Horner said that he is not expecting a similar display.
“There were times last weekend when Sebastian was two seconds quicker than the rest of the field, but I think it was due to unique circumstances,” Horner said. “It was a circuit he was completely on top of and the setup of the car was working well. It was man and machine working at the top of their game.”
Despite boasting good records at both circuits, Horner believes that Vettel will be in for a stiffer challenge at the next two races in Korea and Japan.
“The next challenges we have in Korea and Japan are quite a bit different in characteristics. I’m hopeful that we can be strong at those venues, but we can’t take anything for granted as Mercedes have been strong at different points of the year and Alonso keeps turning up. He’s always there.”
Vettel has won the last two races in Korea and three of the last four Japanese Grands Prix, making him an early favorite to win both events. Having won the last three races in 2013, the German driver will be hoping to seal a fourth world championship as early as possible by winning the next two events.
- Indiana native Bryan Clauson ready for special Indy 500 return 0
- On eve of 300th IndyCar start, Helio Castroneves eyes record-tying fourth Indy 500 win 0
- Alex Tagliani to drive 3rd AJ Foyt car in Indy 500, will pay tribute to Dan Gurney 1
- NHRA legend John Force turns 66, not slowing down any time soon 1
- Montoya fastest on opening day of Indianapolis 500 practice 2
- Indy 500 refresher running, RoP gets underway today at IMS 0
- Chevrolet reveals its super speedway aero kit 2