Sep 28, 2013, 3:37 PM EDT
Brad Keselowski, who will start sixth in tomorrow’s AAA 400 at Dover International Speedway, led today’s final practice session at the “Monster Mile” with a lap of 156.338 miles per hour ahead of Chase for the Sprint Cup contender Jimmie Johnson (156.182 mph).
Johnson had the fastest consecutive average over 10 laps, logging an average of 154.888 miles per hour in his first 10 laps of the practice. Following him in this bracket were Kenseth, Kurt Busch, Keselowski and Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
- Richard Petty to return at Richmond, first race since wife Lynda’s death 0
- NASCAR VP: 2015 Sprint Cup engine package to be revealed before All-Star Race 0
- Too much, too fast, too soon: The sad saga of Swan Racing 0
- IndyCar: Will high grip and high tempers equal high drama at Barber? 2
- NHRA drag racing superstar John Force goes on vacation — at a dragstrip, of course 0
More from NASCAR America
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (20)
- Alonso’s doing it again – another year outperforming teammate, equipment (13)
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)