Sep 28, 2013, 4:32 PM EST
Four pit crew members from Richard Childress Racing’s NASCAR Nationwide Series program will suit up for Kurt Busch‘s No. 78 Furniture Row Racing squad in tomorrow’s Sprint Cup AAA 400 at Dover International Speedway.
According to Dustin Long of Motor Racing Network, the No. 78 will have a new rear tire carrier (Josh Sobecki), jack man (Brian Gainey), rear tire changer (Jake Lind), and front tire carrier (Thad Wyman) for tomorrow’s race.
Three of them – Gainey, Lind and Wyman – are from RCR’s No. 2 NNS team for driver Brian Scott. Only two positions on the No. 78 crew remain unchanged.
FRR’s pit crew problems this season have been well-documented, and after a 13th-place finish last weekend at New Hampshire, Busch knows he can’t settle for more of the same if he wants to climb back into the title picture. He is currently seventh in the Chase for the Sprint Cup, 40 points behind Matt Kenseth.
Prior to last weekend’s race, Busch had said that his pit crew had improved in recent times. But during the Sylvania 300, an issue with the jack during an early stop knocked him as far as 26th and forced him to rally for the remainder of the race.
Video from NASCAR America
- Jimmie Johnson: Kevin Harvick winning Sprint Cup title was “the right thing” 5
- 2014 F1 championship showdown preview: Nico Rosberg 0
- 2014 F1 championship showdown preview: Lewis Hamilton 0
- Hamilton quickest in second practice for Abu Dhabi GP 0
- First blood to Hamilton in Abu Dhabi as he tops FP1 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- The F1 champ is crowned on NBCSN from Abu Dhabi this weekend 0