Sep 28, 2013, 4:32 PM EDT
Four pit crew members from Richard Childress Racing’s NASCAR Nationwide Series program will suit up for Kurt Busch‘s No. 78 Furniture Row Racing squad in tomorrow’s Sprint Cup AAA 400 at Dover International Speedway.
According to Dustin Long of Motor Racing Network, the No. 78 will have a new rear tire carrier (Josh Sobecki), jack man (Brian Gainey), rear tire changer (Jake Lind), and front tire carrier (Thad Wyman) for tomorrow’s race.
Three of them – Gainey, Lind and Wyman – are from RCR’s No. 2 NNS team for driver Brian Scott. Only two positions on the No. 78 crew remain unchanged.
FRR’s pit crew problems this season have been well-documented, and after a 13th-place finish last weekend at New Hampshire, Busch knows he can’t settle for more of the same if he wants to climb back into the title picture. He is currently seventh in the Chase for the Sprint Cup, 40 points behind Matt Kenseth.
Prior to last weekend’s race, Busch had said that his pit crew had improved in recent times. But during the Sylvania 300, an issue with the jack during an early stop knocked him as far as 26th and forced him to rally for the remainder of the race.
Video from NASCAR America
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 6
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 7
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1