Sep 28, 2013, 4:32 PM EDT
Four pit crew members from Richard Childress Racing’s NASCAR Nationwide Series program will suit up for Kurt Busch‘s No. 78 Furniture Row Racing squad in tomorrow’s Sprint Cup AAA 400 at Dover International Speedway.
According to Dustin Long of Motor Racing Network, the No. 78 will have a new rear tire carrier (Josh Sobecki), jack man (Brian Gainey), rear tire changer (Jake Lind), and front tire carrier (Thad Wyman) for tomorrow’s race.
Three of them – Gainey, Lind and Wyman – are from RCR’s No. 2 NNS team for driver Brian Scott. Only two positions on the No. 78 crew remain unchanged.
FRR’s pit crew problems this season have been well-documented, and after a 13th-place finish last weekend at New Hampshire, Busch knows he can’t settle for more of the same if he wants to climb back into the title picture. He is currently seventh in the Chase for the Sprint Cup, 40 points behind Matt Kenseth.
Prior to last weekend’s race, Busch had said that his pit crew had improved in recent times. But during the Sylvania 300, an issue with the jack during an early stop knocked him as far as 26th and forced him to rally for the remainder of the race.
Video from NASCAR America
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 0
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 0
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 0
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2
- VIDEO: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY Show, talks about F1 in the U.S. 2
- Tune-In: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY Show (PHOTOS) 1