Sep 28, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Kimi Raikkonen has said that he will assess his back injury during Friday practice for the Korean Grand Prix after suffering from problems in Singapore last weekend.
The Finn has suffered from a back issue for a while, but it became particularly problematic last weekend at the Marina Bay Street Circuit on Saturday. Raikkonen failed to complete many laps in the final practice session, and he could only qualify thirteenth for the race. However, after racing to finish P3 on Sunday, the Finn said that the problem was not too bad during the race, but he is still going to be cautious heading into the race in Korea.
“It’s better than it was on Saturday in Singapore which is when it didn’t feel too good,” Raikkonen said when asked how his back was feeling. “The important thing was that I was able to race and we did a pretty good job with the podium finish.
“It’s not the first time I’ve had a problem, as there have been some issues with my back for a long time. For sure, we will have to see how it is when I get out on track on Friday in Korea.”
Raikkonen said that he was hoping to build upon his strong performance on race day in Singapore, with the result being his first top-ten finish since the Hungarian Grand Prix before the summer break.
“Let’s hope we are able to maintain the strong form from Sunday in Singapore,” he said. “The car felt good for the whole race and it was a nice feeling racing too. The main focus is to keep this positive feeling and benefit from it in the next races.”
- Preview: Barber marks end of IndyCar’s first quarter of 2015 (VIDEO) 0
- Ryan Hunter-Reay looks to right 2015 season by completing winning trilogy at Barber Motorsports Park 0
- As GP2 turns 10 years old, where is the Class of ’05 now? 0
- Here’s your IndyCar times for this weekend’s Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama 0
- F1: Year-on-year, Ferrari’s gains, Mercedes’ continued edge reins after four races 0
- Racing community reflects on the loss of Fox Sports’ broadcaster Steve Byrnes 8
- Sam Schmidt’s inspirational lap in SAM Project, Arrow Corvette on NBC Nightly News (VIDEO, PHOTOS) 2