Sep 30, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
IndyCar will stream details regarding the new-for-2014 road race at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on its website on Tuesday. It will be live on indycar.com and the Verizon INDYCAR 13 app starting at 4:30 p.m. ET.
Details to look for include the date, what course configuration it will be (GRAND-AM, clockwise or MotoGP, counter-clockwise), what course alterations will be needed, what if any potential race title sponsor will occur, and perhaps further partner announcements.
A video message from IMS President Doug Boles is above, to outline the process as to why the decision to add the IndyCar road course to the calendar.
- Richard Petty to return at Richmond, first race since wife Lynda’s death 0
- NASCAR VP: 2015 Sprint Cup engine package to be revealed before All-Star Race 0
- Too much, too fast, too soon: The sad saga of Swan Racing 0
- IndyCar: Will high grip and high tempers equal high drama at Barber? 2
- NHRA drag racing superstar John Force goes on vacation — at a dragstrip, of course 0
More from NASCAR America
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (20)
- Alonso’s doing it again – another year outperforming teammate, equipment (13)
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)