Sep 30, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
Pocono Raceway confirmed the IndyCar Series will return in 2014 for an encore, after its return to the track for the first time in 24 years this past July.
The 2.5-mile oval, better known as “the Tricky Triangle,” announced IndyCar will again sandwich its pair of NASCAR Sprint Cup dates. The IndyCar and Indy Lights weekend will be on July 5-6, with Cup weekends June 6-8 and August 1-3.
Although IndyCar is yet to release its full 2014 schedule – reports on Sao Paulo’s status seem to be the holdup – there have been several pieces already released by tracks or other series.
The confirmed dates for IndyCar’s 2014 schedule are below:
March 28-30 St. Petersburg, Fla. April 11-13 Long Beach, Calif. May 25 Indianapolis, IN (Indianapolis 500) May 30-June 1 Detroit, Mich. June 5-7 Fort Worth, Texas July 5-6 Pocono, PA July 18-20 Toronto, Ontario Aug. 1-3 Lexington, Ohio
Races without set dates but announced for that month include a return to Barber Motorsports Park in April, and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway road course race in May.
Races yet to be confirmed for 2014 that occurred or will occur in 2013 are: Brazil, Milwaukee, Iowa, Sonoma, Houston and Fontana. All bar Brazil are expected to be retained for 2014 on a similar, but condensed in terms of number of weeks, schedule.
Video from NASCAR America
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 0
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 0
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 0
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2
- VIDEO: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY Show, talks about F1 in the U.S. 2
- Tune-In: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY Show (PHOTOS) 1