Oct 1, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
Caterham F1 racers Charles Pic and Giedo van der Garde are not concern about the possibility of losing their seat to Heikki Kovalainen next year.
Kovalainen drove for the team between 2010 and 2012 (including when it was known as Lotus) but was dropped at the end of last year as Caterham overhauled its driver line-up.
But team owner Tony Fernandes has recently indicated Kovalainen could return next year when his experience will help the team with the new engine regulations.
“The management is speaking to some people, and speaking to this team,” Van der Garde told Autosport, “but they leave me out of it because I want to concentrate on my racing and do the best I can.”
“We will see what options come around and then we will decide,” added Van der Garde, saying he hopes the team’s decision will be “earlier than it was this year”. Caterham didn’t confirm their 2013 driver line-up until February.
Team mate Pic also said he wasn’t certain of his 2014 plans year. Kovalainen, who made his F1 debut in 2007, has driven for the team four times during practice sessions this year.
Caterham are yet to confirm either of their drivers for the 2014 season. Pic has finished ahead of Van der Garde in seven of the nine races where both drivers were classified.
- Rick Allen named lead NASCAR announcer for NBC Sports 1
- GP of America organizers issue statement on race postponement 10
- 2014 F1 schedule finalized without New Jersey, Mexico, and Korea 0
- Jeff Burton joins NBC Sports as NASCAR analyst 2
- IndyCar TV sked for 2014 released; 13 races to be shown on NBCSN 6
- GP of America organizers issue statement on race postponement (10)
- Stewart: There’s “a lot of potential” for Danica Patrick (7)
- NASCAR Sprint Cup silly season update for 2014 (7)
- Eddie Gossage: “Foolish move” by F1 to go head-to-head with NASCAR at Texas (7)
- FIA considering pole trophy and permanent numbers (6)