Oct 2, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
Force India will make a decision on their driver line-up for next year around the time of the Indian Grand Prix at the end of the month.
Deputy team principal Bob Fernley told Autosport: “Our decision process is one that takes place around the Indian Grand Prix, it’s a shareholder decision and that’s always the timing for us.”
Both its current drivers have been with the team for several years. Paul di Resta joined in 2011 and Adrian Sutil has started every season Force India has competed in since it joined the sport in 2008, with the exception of last year. GP2 driver James Calado made his F1 debut for the team in practice for the Italian Grand Prix.
Force India are currently sixth in the world championship and are within range of fifth-placed McLaren which Fernley says makes them an attractive option for competitive drivers.
“You would be surprised how many good quality drivers there are but if you are being realistic,” he said, adding “there are probably three seats for four quality drivers”, referring to Force India’s two seats and the vacancy at Lotus created by Kimi Raikkonen‘s move to Ferrari.
However he indicated the change in regulations next year will make it more attractive for teams not to change their driver line-ups: “”But nobody is going to be looking at a massive change for 2014.”
Video from NASCAR America
- Ryan Blaney passes Kyle Busch on final restart, hangs on to win Nationwide race at Bristol 0
- Kevin Harvick edges Jeff Gordon for Bristol Sprint Cup pole 0
- Will A.J. Allmendinger seek payback for Brad Daugherty’s practical joke? 0
- 2015 NASCAR Schedule to be Revealed Tuesday, 5 p.m. ET, on special NASCAR AMERICA 0
- Rossi disappointed, but diplomatic, after Marussia no-go 1
- Hamilton strikes back to top FP2 ahead of Rosberg in Belgium 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Belgian Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0