Oct 2, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
Kansas has been a personal house of horrors for Busch, who in 12 prior starts at the 1.5-mile speedway has zero top-fives and two top-10s with a best finish of seventh in 2006. His average finish of 22.4 is third-worst in Sprint Cup competition behind two other Chase tracks, Homestead-Miami Speedway and Talladega Superspeedway.
Rather than dwelling on the negative, Busch will carry an optimistic outlook into Sunday.
“I’m looking forward to Kansas with the roll we’re on,” he said in his pre-race advance. “I thought we were running decent there last fall. Actually, I was leading and I spun myself out while I was leading. So, hopefully, we have a good car like that this time around and I don’t make a mistake.”
Video from NASCAR America
- The Final Showdown: Hamilton and Rosberg prepare for one final battle in Abu Dhabi 0
- Vettel and Ricciardo to start Abu Dhabi GP from pit lane 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Red Bull drivers excluded from qualifying in Abu Dhabi 2
- Force India confirms Sergio Perez on multi-year deal 2
- Nico Rosberg rallies to pole position in Abu Dhabi 0
- Rosberg closes out Abu Dhabi practice fastest 1