Oct 2, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
Kansas has been a personal house of horrors for Busch, who in 12 prior starts at the 1.5-mile speedway has zero top-fives and two top-10s with a best finish of seventh in 2006. His average finish of 22.4 is third-worst in Sprint Cup competition behind two other Chase tracks, Homestead-Miami Speedway and Talladega Superspeedway.
Rather than dwelling on the negative, Busch will carry an optimistic outlook into Sunday.
“I’m looking forward to Kansas with the roll we’re on,” he said in his pre-race advance. “I thought we were running decent there last fall. Actually, I was leading and I spun myself out while I was leading. So, hopefully, we have a good car like that this time around and I don’t make a mistake.”
- Hamilton tops second practice in Hungary ahead of Rosberg 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Hungarian Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Hungarian GP highlights 30+ hours of motorsports coverage across NBC, NBCSN and CNBC this weekend 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for Hungarian GP 0
- Report: Deal for Marcos Ambrose’ return to Australia to race V8 Supercars for Roger Penske may be close 7