Oct 2, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
Shades of pink are all the rage for alternate paint schemes at this weekend’s Shell and Pennzoil Grand Prix of Houston IndyCar Series doubleheader (Saturday, 3 p.m. ET, and Sunday, 1 p.m. ET, NBCSN).
Dario Franchitti will have his 11th different livery of the 2013 season for Target Chip Ganassi Racing. T-Mobile takes over on the sidepods of the No. 10 Honda and the car will feature a combination of primarily magenta with some black accents.
GoDaddy goes pink for Breast Cancer Awareness Month here in the month of October, so its No. 27 Chevrolet driven by James Hinchcliffe is anticipated to switch to match. Firestone Racing teased an image of the car earlier this week (pictured); GoDaddy NASCAR counterpart Danica Patrick unveiled her pink car on Wednesday morning.
The rest of the Andretti Autosport cars – Ryan Hunter-Reay, E.J. Viso and Marco Andretti – will join Hinchcliffe in having pink sidewall tires from Firestone.
Other livery adjustments of note since Baltimore:
- Points leader Helio Castroneves naturally will run the Shell and Pennzoil red and yellow livery at his sponsor’s home race for Team Penske.
- Americans Graham Rahal and Josef Newgarden will be in different liveries. Rahal’s No. 15 blu eCigs Honda will be matte black and blue while Newgarden’s No. 67 Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing Honda has been chromed red, white and blue owing to new sponsor Strike.
- After a race in Nirvana Tea colors for Stefan Wilson, the second Dale Coyne Racing car driven by Mike Conway returns to the Sonny’s BBQ red-and-white last raced by James Davison at Sonoma.
- Tristan Vautier is back in the green, yellow and black Angie’s List colors in the No. 55 Schmidt Peterson Motorsports Honda.
- If Panther Racing opts to go pink camo for Oriol Servia, as they did at Mid-Ohio (to honor female soldiers), that would be three shades of pink in the field.
- Raikkonen: Yes, he’s still motivated, otherwise he wouldn’t be here 1
- Red Bull tweaks Mercedes over attempt to increase ‘Fuelgate’ punishment 2
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal 9
- Mercedes’ domination: Equivalent or different from Red Bull’s? 2
- Who is better off? 2013 vs 2014 F1 points comparison 0
More from NASCAR America
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (20)
- Alonso’s doing it again – another year outperforming teammate, equipment (11)
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)