Oct 3, 2013, 5:45 PM EDT
After been dumped by Ferrari for next year in favor of Kimi Raikkonen, Felipe Massa has refused to reveal any details about his future despite the end of the 2013 season being just eight weeks away.
The Brazilian driver will get behind the wheel of the Ferrari for the final time at his home race in Brazil, bringing to an end his association with the team that has lasted over a decade. However, with reports linking him to a drive at Lotus in 2014, Massa has refused to give away any details although he did state that there was some opportunities available for him.
When asked in the FIA press conference if he could reveal any details about 2014, Massa said: “Well, not yet. So it’s [best] to concentrate to the last race.
“We talk with a few teams, you know, and I don’t think it’s the right time to speak about that. I think it’s the right time when you know where you are going. For the moment we are aware, I think, of some good opportunities. It’s better to wait and say at the right time.”
Looking ahead to the final six rounds of the 2013 season, Massa said that he is feeling comfortable as he looks to aid Ferrari to second place in the constructors’ championship.
“I feel comfortable inside the car and managed to put some points in the last races,” he explained. “Just concentrate to carry on like that these last races and try to get some more podiums, some more better results even from what I had until now. I think qualifying is going well as well, so let’s try to do everything we can to get some good results now in these last six races and finish well with Ferrari after our long and nice time together.”
Massa finished fourth in last year’s Korean Grand Prix, being asked to ease off in the final stages of the race to avoid overtaking teammate and then-championship contender Fernando Alonso.
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 0
- What now if your favorite driver is eliminated from Chase? 1
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10
- UPDATED: Chase contender Kyle Busch back on track after Lap 102 crash (VIDEO) 0
- Faced with must-win scenarios, Earnhardt, Johnson lead halfway at Talladega 0
- Surprising revelation: Dale Jr. admits he coasted earlier in his career — ‘I just rested on my legacy and last name’ 0
- With nothing left to do but win, Dale Earnhardt Jr. faces Talladega with optimism 0