Oct 3, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
NBCSN will present 21.5 hours of motorsports coverage this weekend, highlighted by IndyCar’s Shell and Pennzoil Grand Prix of Houston doubleheader plus Formula One’s Korean Grand Prix. NBC Sports Live Extra — NBC Sports Group’s live streaming product for desktops, mobile devices, and tablets — will present live streaming coverage of the tripleheader, as well as live coverage of practice and qualifying for the Korean Grand Prix.
Coverage of the Grand Prix of Houston begins Friday at 7 p.m. ET on NBCSN with qualifying. Race 1 of the Grand Prix of Houston will air live Saturday at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN, followed by Race 2 of the doubleheader on Sunday at 1 p.m. ET on NBCSN. Coverage of Firestone Indy Lights Houston, IndyCar’s developmental series, will air at 4 p.m. ET on Sunday following Race 2 of the Grand Prix of Houston.
Helio Castroneves (Penske) leads Scott Dixon (Target Chip Ganassi) by 49 points in the IZOD IndyCar Series points standings with just three races remaining on the schedule. IndyCar returns to Houston this week for the first time since 2007, when Sebastien Bourdais (Dragon) took the checkered flag.
NBCSN’s live comprehensive coverage of Formula One’s Korean Grand Prix begins Friday at 1 a.m. ET with practice, followed by qualifying on Saturday at 1 a.m. ET. Live race coverage of the Korean Grand Prix begins on Sunday at 1:30 a.m. ET. F1 Extra, NBC Sports Group’s half-hour post-race show, will air immediately following the conclusion of the Korean Grand Prix on Sunday. NBCSN will also air an encore presentation of the Korean Grand Prix on Sunday at 5 p.m. ET.
Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull) has taken control of the Formula One points standings, increasing his lead to 60 points over Fernando Alonso (Ferrari) following his third consecutive victory in the Singapore Grand Prix two weekends ago. Vettel aims for his third straight Korean Grand Prix victory, having won the race the previous two years.
NBCSN will also air episodes of TRANSLOGIC this week as part of its motorsports coverage.
A full release of the weekend’s coverage can be found here, on the NBC Sports Group Press Box website.
|Fri., October 4||TRANSLOGIC||NBCSN||12 a.m.|
|F1 Korean Grand Prix – Practice||NBCSN||1 a.m.|
|TRANSLOGIC (Encore)||NBCSN||2:30 am.|
|IndyCar Grand Prix of Houston – Qualifying||NBCSN||7 p.m.|
|F1 Korean Grand Prix – Practice (Encore)||NBCSN||11:30 p.m.|
|Sat., October 5||F1 Korean Grand Prix – Qualifying||NBCSN||1 a.m.|
|IndyCar Grand Prix of Houston – Race 1||NBCSN||3 p.m.|
|F1 Korean Grand Prix – Qualifying (Encore)||NBCSN||7:30 p.m.|
|Sun. October 6||F1 Korean Grand Prix||NBCSN||1:30 a.m.|
|F1 Extra||NBCSN||4 a.m.|
|IndyCar Grand Prix of Houston – Race 2||NBCSN||1 p.m.|
|Indy Lights Houston||NBCSN||4 p.m.|
|F1 Korean Grand Prix (Encore)||NBCSN||5 p.m.|
|F1 Extra (Encore)||NBCSN||7:30 p.m.|
- Vettel suspects Mercedes of sandbagging during practice 0
- Mattiacci determined to turn around Ferrari’s failing season 1
- Hamilton recovers in FP2 to edge out Alonso and Rosberg 0
- Alonso fastest in first practice for Chinese GP 1
- Flashback to when a 67-second pit stop at the Indy 500 was fast vs. a modern-day F1 stop (video) 3
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Andretti drivers say GP of Long Beach should stay with IndyCar (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jimmie Johnson do it old school style in a pair of classic pickup trucks (VIDEOS) (5)