Oct 5, 2013, 4:20 PM EST
Carl Edwards paced this afternoon’s final practice for tomorrow’s Hollywood Casino 400 at Kansas Speedway with a lap of 184.982 miles per hour in the No. 99 Roush Fenway Racing Ford.
Edwards appears to be a contender this weekend at Kansas after going second-quickest in Thursday’s tire test and posting Top 10 times in the previous two practice sessions.
He’ll be looking to bounce back after a wheel hub problem relegated him to a 35th-place finish last week at Dover and likely ended his chances at a Sprint Cup title (he’s in 11th place, 65 points behind leader Matt Kenseth).
Paul Menard led Richard Childress Racing’s three-car squad in cracking the Top 10 of “Happy Hour.” Menard was second-fastest with a lap of 183.955 miles per hour, with teammates Kevin Harvick in seventh (183.474 mph) and Jeff Burton in eighth (183.430 mph).
Kurt Busch and Chase contender Kyle Busch, who both went to their backup cars after wrecking their primary machines on Saturday morning, were 11th and 25th on the time charts respectively in the final practice.
- Eddie Gossage: “Foolish move” by F1 to go head-to-head with NASCAR at Texas (12)
- GP of America organizers issue statement on race postponement (10)
- IndyCar TV sked for 2014 released; 13 races to be shown on NBCSN (9)
- NASCAR Sprint Cup silly season update for 2014 (8)
- Mark Miles talks about the road ahead for IndyCar (8)