Oct 5, 2013, 5:25 PM EDT
Two Porsche drivers survived a wild ride after contact in today’s American Le Mans Series race at Virginia International Raceway. Contact between the No. 48 Paul Miller Racing Porsche 911 GT3 RSR (GT) and Eduardo Cisneros in the No. 31 NGT Motorsport Porsche GT3 Cup car (GTC) occurred at the esses, and sent Cisneros on an unbelievable ride before landing on the tire barriers.
Mercifully, he was unhurt.
Race winners for the penultimate round of the season included Muscle Milk Pickett Racing (P1), Level 5 Motorsports (P2), BAR1 Motorsports (PC), Risi Competizione (GT) and TRG (GTC). More will follow on this race at a later date.
- It’s official: Redskins QB RG III to drive pace car at Richmond for Saturday’s Sprint Cup race 1
- Raikkonen: Yes, he’s still motivated, otherwise he wouldn’t be here 5
- Red Bull tweaks Mercedes over attempt to increase ‘Fuelgate’ punishment 3
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal 9
- Mercedes’ domination: Equivalent or different from Red Bull’s? 2
More from NASCAR America
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (20)
- Alonso’s doing it again – another year outperforming teammate, equipment (12)
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)