Oct 5, 2013, 5:25 PM EST
Two Porsche drivers survived a wild ride after contact in today’s American Le Mans Series race at Virginia International Raceway. Contact between the No. 48 Paul Miller Racing Porsche 911 GT3 RSR (GT) and Eduardo Cisneros in the No. 31 NGT Motorsport Porsche GT3 Cup car (GTC) occurred at the esses, and sent Cisneros on an unbelievable ride before landing on the tire barriers.
Mercifully, he was unhurt.
Race winners for the penultimate round of the season included Muscle Milk Pickett Racing (P1), Level 5 Motorsports (P2), BAR1 Motorsports (PC), Risi Competizione (GT) and TRG (GTC). More will follow on this race at a later date.
Video from NASCAR America
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 9
- Fry, Tombazis out as part of Ferrari’s ongoing restructuring 1
- Sprint to end title sponsorship of NASCAR’s Cup Series after 2016 (VIDEO) 17
- NBC SportsWorld: The vision of blind NHRA crew chief Jay Blake 1
- Rutledge Wood joins NBC Sports Group’s NASCAR and motors coverage 6
- NASCAR expands Sprint Unlimited field to include Chase drivers 3
- Health issues to sideline Brian Vickers for early part of 2015 Sprint Cup season 5