Oct 5, 2013, 5:25 PM EDT
Two Porsche drivers survived a wild ride after contact in today’s American Le Mans Series race at Virginia International Raceway. Contact between the No. 48 Paul Miller Racing Porsche 911 GT3 RSR (GT) and Eduardo Cisneros in the No. 31 NGT Motorsport Porsche GT3 Cup car (GTC) occurred at the esses, and sent Cisneros on an unbelievable ride before landing on the tire barriers.
Mercifully, he was unhurt.
Race winners for the penultimate round of the season included Muscle Milk Pickett Racing (P1), Level 5 Motorsports (P2), BAR1 Motorsports (PC), Risi Competizione (GT) and TRG (GTC). More will follow on this race at a later date.
Video from NASCAR America
- Aleshin conscious following heavy accident in MAVTV 500 final practice (UPDATED, VIDEO) 2
- Kevin Harvick wins Atlanta Sprint Cup pole; Stewart qualifies 12th 0
- Castroneves secures crucial MAVTV 500 pole; Power starts P21 for IndyCar finale (VIDEO) 3
- Jeff Gordon: Last 3 races weren’t the same without Tony Stewart 2
- IndyCar has 500 miles to glory, through speed, dirt, tire fall off and unpredictability 0
- How NASCAR determined Tony Stewart was ready to race again 5
- Helton: Tony Stewart still eligible for Chase, but must win to get in 4