Oct 5, 2013, 5:25 PM EDT
Two Porsche drivers survived a wild ride after contact in today’s American Le Mans Series race at Virginia International Raceway. Contact between the No. 48 Paul Miller Racing Porsche 911 GT3 RSR (GT) and Eduardo Cisneros in the No. 31 NGT Motorsport Porsche GT3 Cup car (GTC) occurred at the esses, and sent Cisneros on an unbelievable ride before landing on the tire barriers.
Mercifully, he was unhurt.
Race winners for the penultimate round of the season included Muscle Milk Pickett Racing (P1), Level 5 Motorsports (P2), BAR1 Motorsports (PC), Risi Competizione (GT) and TRG (GTC). More will follow on this race at a later date.
- BREAKING NEWS: NHRA to go ahead with Topeka race May 22-24, despite City Council vote against racetrack purchase 0
- New McLaren Honda livery revealed 1
- Q&A: IMS President Doug Boles heading into 2015 Month of May, 2016 planning 0
- Indiana native Bryan Clauson ready for special Indy 500 return 5
- On eve of 300th IndyCar start, Helio Castroneves eyes record-tying fourth Indy 500 win 3
- Alex Tagliani to drive 3rd AJ Foyt car in Indy 500, will pay tribute to Dan Gurney 3
- NHRA legend John Force turns 66, not slowing down any time soon 2