Oct 5, 2013, 5:25 PM EDT
Two Porsche drivers survived a wild ride after contact in today’s American Le Mans Series race at Virginia International Raceway. Contact between the No. 48 Paul Miller Racing Porsche 911 GT3 RSR (GT) and Eduardo Cisneros in the No. 31 NGT Motorsport Porsche GT3 Cup car (GTC) occurred at the esses, and sent Cisneros on an unbelievable ride before landing on the tire barriers.
Mercifully, he was unhurt.
Race winners for the penultimate round of the season included Muscle Milk Pickett Racing (P1), Level 5 Motorsports (P2), BAR1 Motorsports (PC), Risi Competizione (GT) and TRG (GTC). More will follow on this race at a later date.
- Graham Rahal’s Fontana win was long overdue, and a long time coming 0
- Report: Roger Penske intends to keep his ‘four aces’ in IndyCar 0
- Mario Andretti gets Jay Leno up to speed — and then some 1
- NHRA: Antron Brown looks to make Top Fuel fireworks this weekend 1
- MAVTV 500: Despite being nerve-racking to crazy, drivers glad safety won out 2
- WATCH: IndyCar’s frantic, thrilling MAVTV 500 to re-air at midnight ET on NBCSN 6
- Nelson Piquet Jr crowned first ever FIA Formula E champion in thrilling London finale 1