Oct 6, 2013, 5:10 PM EST
The last-lap crash at the end of the Shell and Pennzoil Grand Prix of Houston Race 2 affected three drivers, and also some fans sitting in a grandstand at Turn 13.
A report from Houston ABC-TV affiliate KTRK said at least 13 fans were injured from debris. Most were treated at the scene but two people have been transported to a local hospital.
Additionally, an IndyCar timing & scoring official has been taken to Herman Memorial Hospital for minor injuries.
The remainder of Sunday’s track activity – which included a race for the Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup – has been canceled.
Again, we’ll have more information when it becomes available.
Video from NASCAR America
- Sam Hornish Jr. has much to be thankful for: new home, renewed Sprint Cup hopes with Richard Petty Motorsports 0
- NBCSN’s F1 coverage delivers best ever single-season numbers for a cable network 4
- Mercedes reserve Wehrlein leads final Abu Dhabi test day to end 2014 0
- Jean-Eric Vergne confirms Toro Rosso exit 3
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 6
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 4