Oct 6, 2013, 5:10 PM EST
The last-lap crash at the end of the Shell and Pennzoil Grand Prix of Houston Race 2 affected three drivers, and also some fans sitting in a grandstand at Turn 13.
A report from Houston ABC-TV affiliate KTRK said at least 13 fans were injured from debris. Most were treated at the scene but two people have been transported to a local hospital.
Additionally, an IndyCar timing & scoring official has been taken to Herman Memorial Hospital for minor injuries.
The remainder of Sunday’s track activity – which included a race for the Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup – has been canceled.
Again, we’ll have more information when it becomes available.
- Lewis Hamilton explains decision to reject #1 for 2015 0
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Hamilton fastest as Mercedes impresses again on day three 0
- Happy 75th birthday to one of the best ever, Mario Andretti 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Rosberg quickest as Mercedes shows its hand on day two 0
- Alexander Rossi confirms return to GP2 in 2015 with Racing Engineering 3