Oct 6, 2013, 5:10 PM EDT
The last-lap crash at the end of the Shell and Pennzoil Grand Prix of Houston Race 2 affected three drivers, and also some fans sitting in a grandstand at Turn 13.
A report from Houston ABC-TV affiliate KTRK said at least 13 fans were injured from debris. Most were treated at the scene but two people have been transported to a local hospital.
Additionally, an IndyCar timing & scoring official has been taken to Herman Memorial Hospital for minor injuries.
The remainder of Sunday’s track activity – which included a race for the Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup – has been canceled.
Again, we’ll have more information when it becomes available.
- NASCAR AMERICA: Thursday round-up (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar: A crucial weekend to commence at Mid-Ohio 1
- Mark Martin returning to Roush Fenway Racing in unique role 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Wednesday Round-Up Includes Denny Hamlin Interview (VIDEO) 3
- Greg Ives to become crew chief for Dale Earnhardt Jr. next season 12