Oct 7, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Jules Bianchi and Charles Pic will both serve ten-place grid penalties at the Japanese Grand Prix having incurred their third reprimands of the season during the Korean Grand Prix weekend.
Both arrived at the track with a single reprimand each but collected a further two during the race weekend.
Pic was reprimanded for failing to stop at a red light on Saturday and in the race was found to have backed off insufficiently for yellow flags. His first reprimand of the season came at Spa where he was deemed to have rejoined the track in an unsafe fashion during practice.
Bianchi was also reprimanded in the race for going too quickly past yellow flags. On Saturday he received his second reprimand of the season for blocking Paul di Resta during qualifying. He had previously been reprimanded at Silverstone for missing the weigh bridge.
Both drivers automatically incur ten-place grid penalties for the next race, as Mark Webber did in Singapore following his ‘taxi ride’ with Fernando Alonso.
Their team mates also picked up reprimands during the race, though it was the first of the year for both of them. Max Chilton and Giedo van der Garde were both found to have driven too quickly during the Safety Car period.
- Dates for 2016 IndyCar schedule starting to come together 2
- NHRA: ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman earns 5th Funny Car win of 2015; Brown (TF), McGaha (PS), Krawiec (PSM) also win 4
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 0
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 3
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 12
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 4
- Helio Castroneves leads halfway through the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio 0