Oct 7, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Jules Bianchi and Charles Pic will both serve ten-place grid penalties at the Japanese Grand Prix having incurred their third reprimands of the season during the Korean Grand Prix weekend.
Both arrived at the track with a single reprimand each but collected a further two during the race weekend.
Pic was reprimanded for failing to stop at a red light on Saturday and in the race was found to have backed off insufficiently for yellow flags. His first reprimand of the season came at Spa where he was deemed to have rejoined the track in an unsafe fashion during practice.
Bianchi was also reprimanded in the race for going too quickly past yellow flags. On Saturday he received his second reprimand of the season for blocking Paul di Resta during qualifying. He had previously been reprimanded at Silverstone for missing the weigh bridge.
Both drivers automatically incur ten-place grid penalties for the next race, as Mark Webber did in Singapore following his ‘taxi ride’ with Fernando Alonso.
Their team mates also picked up reprimands during the race, though it was the first of the year for both of them. Max Chilton and Giedo van der Garde were both found to have driven too quickly during the Safety Car period.
- Gossage to Walker: “We needed a more competitive race this year than last year” 0
- Volkswagen Andretti pair of Foust, Speed seek better fortunes, consistency 0
- Hinchcliffe released from hospital, expected to make full recovery (VIDEO) 5
- Fast Facts: Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit 0
- Drivers ponder why cars didn’t go airborne during the Indianapolis 500 5
- Bell: “A wild Indy 500 without the finish we desired” 0
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 1